BOLD PREDICTIONS week 12 edition: Saints @ Falcons (1 Viewer)

NatureBoy

16x World Champion
Reaction score
“I told you so” only counts when you call your shot before the game. What’s your week 12 BOLD prediction?

Mine? Saints defense forces 3 turnovers and also blocks a punt. Not surprisingly, Steve Gleason tweets (or X’s I guess), “hey Atlanta, I thought I told you to never punt”.

Atlanta is in a no-win situation.

If they lose, they’ll be 0-3 vs one of the worst head coaches in NFL history.

If they win, they’ll be contributing to getting one of the worst coaches in NFL history fired which will only strengthen the Saints in the long run.

If history is a guide:
(1) Saints D stops the WR passes but fails to stop RB runs/receptions and QB scrambles
(2) Saints O gets yardage but fizzles in red zone
(3) Saints win turnover battle
(4) Their kicker is better
(5) Their coach is better
(6) Their refs are better

So I pick Falcons 26, Saints 20, and hope I am wrong.

21-10 falcons… their running game will kill our defense. Pick Robinson in any parlay. I’m a die hard saints fan but our run defense hasn’t been tested like it will be on Sunday.

Saints come out flat and go scoreless through 3 quarters, Defense does ok at first but then breaks after being on the field two long. Saints get a few points at end to avoid shut out.

Saints 6, Falcons 23.
Cliff notes version to the season

The Saints come out flat on both offense and defense and find themselves down 17 – 3 at the half. They wake up halfway through the third quarter and make it 17 – 10. At the beginning of the fourth quarter, the Saints tie it up off of a Falcons turnover making it 17 - 17. With 0:04 left on the clock, Younghoe Koo boots a 47 yard field goal to beat the Saints 20-17.​

Dennis Allen’s post game conference is the same drivel we’ve heard all year: “We’ve got to coach better. Players have to execute. Blah, Blah, Blah…..​

Hot Take = The next week against the Lions at home, 50% of the Dome is in Detroit Lions blue and the boo’s will be out en masse.​

You wanted bold, you got it.......

We are nearing the 19th anniversary of one of our all time worst first round draft picks making this scene in the ATL. I remember WWL radio reporting this:

Perhaps the most embarrassing story involves Saints defensive tackle Johnathan Sullivan. The Saints were so high on him they traded two first-round picks to move to the sixth spot in the 2003 draft to get him. Three weeks ago, they thought he was so worthless that they deactivated him. Considered too lazy and too out of shape, Sullivan responded to the deactivation while eating nachos in front of the Saints locker room in his street clothes. Last week, Sullivan went up to the Georgia Dome press box, stood in the media food line and grabbed two massive hamburgers.

If that wasn't bad enough, he had undrafted, inactive defensive tackle Shaun Smith in line with him. Sullivan received $11.4 million in guarantees so he was untouchable. Jim Haslett will probably deactivate him again this week. Smith, meanwhile, was released, partially because of the Georgia Dome incident. Not only has Sullivan been disappointing his teammates, but he cost one his job.

I predict that Sullivan sneaks back into the press box and grabs 3 big old hamburgers this time around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom