Boy Scouts to change name (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NEW YORK — For 108 years, the Boy Scouts of America's flagship program has been known simply as the Boy Scouts. With girls soon entering the ranks, the group says that iconic name will change.

The organization on Wednesday announced a new name for its Boy Scouts program: Scouts BSA. The change will take effect next February.

Chief Scout Executive Mike Surbaugh said many possibilities were considered during lengthy and "incredibly fun" deliberations before the new name was chosen......................

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/w...ame-change/ar-AAwCUoA?ocid=spartanntp&ffid=gz

Everyone will welcome this news with open arms - this will cause no controversy
We will all confidently march into the future together

Boy Scouts should be boys. Girl Scouts should be girls. There's too much worry about who's going to get butthurt about everything these days. Ugh.

Girl Scouts are a separate organization and are not part of Scouts. Other countries have had male and female scouts for decades. Only the U.S. segregated by gender.

Boy Scouts should be boys. Girl Scouts should be girls. There's too much worry about who's going to get butthurt about everything these days. Ugh.

I never did boy scouts (though i wish i did). Aren't most of these kids under the age of 13 or so anyway?

Is there some real reason they can't merge anyway? It looks like they do things both girls and boys should be doing (learning about outdoor survival, science projects, nature/hiking trips, raising money, etc).

It seems I was mistook

It just seems like everything these days is being changed for the sake of change. There are some times when boys should do things with boys and girls should do things with girls. They have plenty of other opportunities to work together.

It just seems like everything these days is being changed for the sake of change. There are some times when boys should do things with boys and girls should do things with girls. They have plenty of other opportunities to work together.

Changes aren't permanent, but change is
-Rush

I don't get the name.

Boy & Girl Scouts of America, Scouts of America.. but Scouts BSA? What does BSA stand for in this new name?

The Girl Scouts are pretty ****** off about this, IIRC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom