Brandon Marshall updates? (1 Viewer)

Even if he was completely healthy, I wouldn’t sit Kirkwood for him.

His best days are behind him. Kirkwood’s best days are ahead of him.
I see your point but Marshall at his peak was a special talent on some very mediocre teams and never paired with an elite QB.

No need to force him into anything because that’s how you get turnovers.

But if he gets a set of situational plays he can master and be on the same as Drew then I think you try to work him in.

He’s got all that experience to bring to a what is essentially a ride or die run at a championship.

Fans can’t see what’s happening at practice but if he is showing something and the coaches think it can pay off, then work him in.

Kirkwood has years ahead of him and still will have his role in the stretch.

Last edited:
Even if he was completely healthy, I wouldn’t sit Kirkwood for him.

His best days are behind him. Kirkwood’s best days are ahead of him.

Guy can physically still play and he’s light years ahead in knowledge of the game. Kirkwood has a whole lot to learn still. Not on Marshall level at this point but has great potential.

I just see Marshall as veteran depth. I don’t expect him to be out there so quickly. If he does it’ll be on limited snaps and may get a couple targets.

Also Marshall may be eased into the system more slowly, based on the torn Achilles of Dez and committed contract.

That could have change the view of how we bring "off the couch" veterans into our full speed routine.

Obviously with significant contributions of Carr, Kirkwood, and Tre' this past Sunday, we can delay the rush of Brandon into battle.

I’m excited to see Brandon Marshall in a Saints uniform. Even at this stage in his career, he could make an impact with Drew Brees at the helm. Whatever he’s got left, we’re gonna get it.

I don't know what kind of shape Marshall's in. I do know that it takes more than a week to learn a playbook and get on the same page as Brees. So, just for that reason, I'm cool with Marshall taking as much time as he needs to get set up in case we lose someone else. Kirkwood is doing a fine job.

Up until a few weeks ago he was suiting up for the Seahawks. So that's not an issue, only the playbook.

Worst case scenario Tre'Quan Smith can't go and we'll go with Mike, Kirkwood, Austin Carr, and possibly activate Brandon Marshall for 10 - 15 snaps.

If Smith is a no go then Marshall will be active.

If Smith can play then I wouldn't be surprised to see him inactive until after the Dallas game. That would give him a few weeks to learn the system and grow with Brees. Then again, the dude is one of the most violent blockers I've ever seen at the WR spot so even if he doesn't catch a pass he can be of value.

I feel like Marshal was brought in to be depth and not really compete for the no. 2 spot or even 3. It wouldn't shock me if he stayed Practice Squad for a long while. He's an extra body. I might could see him activated if we win the next 2 weeks and they want a very experienced guy vs the Panthers to help us put the division away and have fresh bodies on our push for HFA.

TLL being placed on the 53 might put a dent in the activation possibility for Marshall going forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom