Brees, Manning & Rivers = MVP Race & Race to Dan Marino! (1 Viewer)

mrperrino

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
After Week 11...no more Philip Rivers talk about breaking Dan Marino, since he's got serious and lethal competition...all three can do it, and if Brees does it, he will get the MVP over Vick, Brady, Manning & Rivers... Who's got the Best Record in the NFL? LOL

Rivers = 3177 yards
Manning = 3059 yards
Brees = 2969

Brees is only 208 yards from Rivers, and just 90 yards behind Manning
Manning is 118 yards from Rivers...

Brees plays the Cowboys, St. Louis, Falcons, Ravens, Bucs & Bengals

Just saying...Brees needs to average only 360+ yards a game and it's his...if he wants it...but Rivers is not running away with it any longer....he played great against Denver, but only 233 yards, allowed Manning and Brees to catch up...

Vick is good, but if Drew gets the record, Drew should get all the love again... WHO DAT!

After Week 11...no more Philip Rivers talk about breaking Dan Marino, since he's got serious and lethal competition...all three can do it, and if Brees does it, he will get the MVP over Vick, Brady, Manning & Rivers... Who's got the Best Record in the NFL? LOL

Rivers = 3177 yards
Manning = 3059 yards
Brees = 2969

Brees is only 208 yards from Rivers, and just 90 yards behind Manning
Manning is 118 yards from Rivers...

Brees plays the Cowboys, St. Louis, Falcons, Ravens, Bucs & Bengals

Just saying...Brees needs to average only 360+ yards a game and it's his...if he wants it...but Rivers is not running away with it any longer....he played great against Denver, but only 233 yards, allowed Manning and Brees to catch up...

Vick is good, but if Drew gets the record, Drew should get all the love again... WHO DAT!

Only 360+ yards a game?! I'd rather him average 100 yards and us win every game.

Only 360+ yards a game?! I'd rather him average 100 yards and us win every game.

Brees is awesome, no doubt. But only 360+ a game? There's a reason that record may never be broken. Those kinds of numbers just don't happen. Maybe if he had a couple of 500 yards games, but how often do those happen?

Yes if Brees break Marino record he should get MVP but Mike Vick is the MVP as of now.

This is about the 50th time I will post this on any post related to the NFL passing record. Before Brees 5000 yard season in 08. There had been 4 seasons with a QB passing for over 4800 yards in a season. Fouts 81, Marino 84, Warner 01, and Brady 07. Brady was 16-0, Marino and Warner were 14-2 and Fouts was 11-5. So lets stop the myth with that alot of these yards come from Qb passing for yards in garbage time.

Brady as much as it pains me to say it is the clear MVP at this point(even if he isn't asked to do as much as some other QB's and makes easier throws). Rivers is putting up fraud numbers. He plays in a joke division with the softest schedule in the leauge, yet only 5-5, has failed on every big drive at the end of games, is always down, and he has gotten no pressure and has one of the best receiving corp in the nfl. As for Vick as much as I hate him he has played great but, so far has missed too many games and let's not kid ourselves look at McNabb the guy went from being a probowler to a scrub cause he doesn't have that eagles receiving corp(easily the best in the league) so it isn't like Vick doesn't get alot of help on offense.

Clay Matthews and Roddy White should also be in the discussion for non-QB MVP candidates.

Not gonna happen.

You count on Brees to have at least two 275 yard games.

The only reason Rivers has a better chance is because the Chargers fall behind on the scoreboard and chuck the ball around trying to catch up.

The Saints get a lead on the score and run the ball to shorten the game and limit the opposing offense chances of getting back into the game.

So unless our defense completely disappears, you can count out the idea of Brees breaking that record.

I wouldn't want Brees to break that record. When he was close to breaking the record, we had no run game, our defense sucked, and we were just trying to score as much as we could. We weren't a good team. All this talk about Rivers possibly breaking it, but look at their record. They're sub .500.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom