Brees, Manning & Rivers = MVP Race & Race to Dan Marino! (1 Viewer)

Mike Vick is the darling MVP candidate now.. Only way he doesn't win it is if the Eagles take a dump on the rest of the season. He has the "comeback" boosting his spot. He has the best Passer Rating... Passing yards are supplemented by rushing ability. So, Even by breaking the record I'm not so sure someone would surpass Vick for the MVP award.

Hello Tom Brady???

As hard as this is to believe Brady is flying under the radar of the NFL world. He's having an amazing season, having only turned the ball over in 2 games (NYJ and Baltimore), throwing to WRs barely tall enough to ride roller coasters. He's the clear MVP favorite IMO. Vick for Comeback Player definitely though.

This is about the 50th time I will post this on any post related to the NFL passing record. Before Brees 5000 yard season in 08. There had been 4 seasons with a QB passing for over 4800 yards in a season. Fouts 81, Marino 84, Warner 01, and Brady 07. Brady was 16-0, Marino and Warner were 14-2 and Fouts was 11-5. So lets stop the myth with that alot of these yards come from Qb passing for yards in garbage time.

Exactly.

360 yards a game.

if that happens, the Saints are probably at 9-7 or 10-6 at best.

No thanks.

Drew Brees now is NFL passing leader on pace to shatter dan marino and win mvp...peyton out...vick out...drew is number one

After tonight Peyton is out.... Now it's btw Brees, Vick, Rivers and Brady..

Drew Brees now is NFL passing leader on pace to shatter dan marino and win mvp...peyton out...vick out...drew is number one

Actually, he's not on pace to shatter Marino's record. Bree's is averaging 301.9 ypg. If that average holds up, he would end up with 4830 yards. However, in the last two games, Drew is averaging 367 ypg. If THAT holds up, Drew would then be on pace for 5156 yards. This offense is just heating up, so anything is possible. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Besides, I'm more concerned about playoffs than a relatively meaningless stat record. I do admit it would be neat, though.

It's Brady's to lose right now. He's beaten Rivers head to head and will most likely have a better record. Vick hasn't played enough snaps, and Brees has thrown too many picks and if the Falcons beat the Saints in a few weeks Brees isn't even in the equation.

I would love to see Brees shatter Marino's passing number but not at the expense of winning games.
I don't see how he can do it quite frankly and would rather see the focus on what needs to be done to win the next game and the one after that and the one after that...

What I DON'T want to happen is to see Rivers get a record like that. I don't think Brees likes that guy very much and the more I hear about him, neither do I.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom