Brexit - Is it gonna happen? (Update: UK votes to leave EU) (1 Viewer)

is he the sole voice or one of many

He is almost everywhere talking about it. Obviously he is one of many voices, but he is the most out there with his opinion.

to answer the second part, because he's an action transvestite

I don't understand what an action transvestite is, but good for him.Thanks for answering my questions.

He is almost everywhere talking about it. Obviously he is one of many voices, but he is the most out there with his opinion.
he's
the son of immigrants and a shining example of europeanism
(he'll learn a new language so he can perform him material in the language of the country where he's performing)

[he started out as a street performer and i think his success has caught him by surprise and seems like he's relentless about continuing to explore - he's become kind of obsessed about marathon running and has don't one of those crazy 30 marathons in 30 days nonsense

I don't understand what an action transvestite is, but good for him.Thanks for answering my questions.

if you haven't ever, you should
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E_kvXeMv-2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Having recently returned from Europe, I find a lot of the politics there very similar to the US. They may call the parties different names, but generally speaking its a right versus left type thing they have going on. They are infatuated with Trump and American politics. I think our politics have an influence there to some extent.

Best I can tell, the whole EU thing is a very complex issue that ties European countries together in many ways, not just the euro currency thing. The young lady who is my son's roommate in Spain where they both teach is from England. I am not sure exactly how it works, but I think the association with EU make sit very easy or her to move around and work all through Europe. I suspect her and those with the education and means to travel would want to stay in the EU.

Those against the EU have done a good, Trumpian type job of making it mostly about immigration. This appeals to the fear they have in England that allowing immigrants will overwhelm their social systems, change their culture and blow themselves up in trains and shopping centers.

I am not sure how that ties to all the EU issues, and how being out of the EU solves that problem, but that is what a lot of the conversation was about when I was there.

It is not an easy issue by any means. Both sides have valid points. You want to do the humanitarian thing and save people fleeing for their lives. There are costs and risks in doing so.

We had our "brexit" back in 1775. If the Tories (conservatives) had not been so hard line, who knows, we might still be part of Britain. Many Whigs (liberals) thought the oppressive Troy policies were driving rebellion and sympathized with American patriots.

My guess, they stay in the EU.

I heard this on CNBC yesterday and found it very interesting. While the polls show Leave to be anywhere from 5 to 10 points ahead, the bookmakers still have Remain as the odds favorite. And in the past (e.g. Scotland) the bookies tended to be much closer to the result than the polls.

See, e.g. EU referendum betting: What are the odds on Brexit? - Mirror Online

I heard this on CNBC yesterday and found it very interesting. While the polls show Leave to be anywhere from 5 to 10 points ahead, the bookmakers still have Remain as the odds favorite. And in the past (e.g. Scotland) the bookies tended to be much closer to the result than the polls.

See, e.g. EU referendum betting: What are the odds on Brexit? - Mirror Online

Chuck, its now looking like Brexit is the favorite, both in the polls and with the bookies.

Brexit betting: bookmakers say Leave odds will be favourite by the weekend - Business Insider

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/betting-odds-uk-making-brexit-115950793.html

It will be interesting to see what a leave vote does to the financial markets. My guess is it will not be pretty, but you never know with the markets.

The polls showed Scotland would leave Great Britain, so we know these polls are super reliable.

Chuck, its now looking like Brexit is the favorite, both in the polls and with the bookies.

Brexit betting: bookmakers say Leave odds will be favourite by the weekend - Business Insider

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/betting-odds-uk-making-brexit-115950793.html

It will be interesting to see what a leave vote does to the financial markets. My guess is it will not be pretty, but you never know with the markets.

The polls showed Scotland would leave Great Britain, so we know these polls are super reliable.

I believe that the conventional wisdom is that Brexit will precipitate a significant drop in value in the pound and the euro. Inversely, the dollar will see a rise. A soaring dollar was a heavy drag on the US markets late last year and early this year, and its decline was a big boost. Reflating back to historic highs would reintroduce that dynamic. With Fed rate increases typically boosting the dollar (because everywhere else in the world is at zero or negative rates), it could exacerbate that problem. Even to the point where the Fed decides not to go in July (Yellen suggested this yesterday).

Of course, as you say, who knows what the broader markets will do. Gold looks good, even with a rising dollar.

wow, do i not understand the 1st sentence AT ALL
The MP for Batley and Spen was due to hold a surgery for constituents at the library between 1pm and 2pm, according to her website.

Three separate sources claimed the suspect shouted “Britain first” during the attack, which people have interpreted as a reference to the far-right anti-Muslim campaign group of the same name.

She has died.

Awful.

Apparently he shot her, then leaned over her and shot her two more times. Then stabbed her a bunch of times. Sicko.

I saw news about the shooting earlier but had no idea it might be related to Brexit. If this was done because she was against brexit, that could be a huge blow to the brexit supporters.

I assume like any election there are people on the fence. This will not help brexit with the fence sitters.

What is the matter with people?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom