Buccee’s (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone had the pleasure of stopping at this behemoth travel center?

Apparently it's the thing to do for the kids. So happened there was one on way to Florida (Baldwin Beach express exit)

Easily 200 gas pumps. 500 parking spaces and EVERY ONE TAKEN. they had traffic control for goodness sakes. Then we went in. Think convenient store mates with Walmart. They have own line of BBQ (jerky was actually good).

Never dropped $100 at a travel stop store. Did Saturday lol

Anyone been to this place?

Never heard of it.

Beaver nuggets 4 life

s-l300.jpg

Buc-ees is a thing in Texas.. think Whataburger, or In n Out on the west coast.. cultlike following, i’ve seen people wearing Bucees T-shirt’s in Houston and Austin.. guess theyve recently started expanding outside of TX.. They’re good at what they do, but as with most of these things, people build it up too much, so when most other people who’ve never been in one first stop there, they’re a little let down.... The key, like i always tell people about In n Out burger, is to go in with zero expectations, or better yet, to have never even heard of it (like yourself).. then you’ll be impressed, since places like Bucees are the ultimate at what they do.

They advertise the cleanest bathrooms around, and they back it up.

The ones in Texas are huge. Gas pumps for days. Sandwich shop and grill. Any kind of snack and junk food you want.

Yeah, now know what you're talking about. So it's like what Stuckey's used to be. Now I remember seeing ALL the billboards. I never stopped at any, that's why I had road amnesia.
Stuckys on steroids.

Seriously. There is a wall abt 50 ft with every fountain drink you can imagine. There is an area for outdoor cookery, clothing, automotive... I just can't do it justice thru description.

Blue, kids got the tees. Had to have em... As you said, it's a "thing".

So the founder was a traveling salesman who got fed up with travel center restrooms being a mess. His whole reasoning to start Buc ees was clean restrooms. (so I've been told)

Yeah, now know what you're talking about. So it's like what Stuckey's used to be. Now I remember seeing ALL the billboards. I never stopped at any, that's why I had road amnesia.

I learned to drive by driving my grandpa to Houston. We always stopped at Stuckeys for the $1.99 breakfast and a pecan log for my aunt. Good times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom