Buccee’s (1 Viewer)

Stopped in the Baytown Buc-ee's late one night, they had about 1/4 of the fuel bays closed and were pressure washing the drive-thrus. After seeing this, I do recall always remembering how clean the concrete was on my previous stops and the restrooms never let you down. It is weird to stop at a convenient fuel place and seeing people with buggies shopping.

Baton Rouge was all set to get one, but politics got involved.

Stopped in the Baytown Buc-ee's late one night, they had about 1/4 of the fuel bays closed and were pressure washing the drive-thrus. After seeing this, I do recall always remembering how clean the concrete was on my previous stops and the restrooms never let you down. It is weird to stop at a convenient fuel place and seeing people with buggies shopping.

Baton Rouge was all set to get one, but politics got involved.
Disney world all over again. And La. gets left further behind...

we ran into this place coming back from Disney to Connecticut. quite the place....

I HATE South of the Border simply for the signs you see 500 miles before you even get there. Last time I saw the place was 1999 when I was stationed in North Carolina.

My kids love Bucees. I think it’s pretty good. The first time I went, it brought back memories of the first time I went to a WalMart back in the 80s.

think Whataburger

Thankfully this will change soon. A company from Chicago has purchased Whataburger and will likely be expanding the company. Nationwide isn't necessary, but I think throughout the South and out West would be perfect.

If you like Gummy Bears, Buc ees house brand is the best ever.

Honestly, their clean bathrooms are what get me in the door.

Not only clean, but their private and comfortable stalls are plentiful, especially in the largest buc-ee's Travel Centers like the one just SE of Dallas in Terrell.

I’m gonna revise my opinion of Bucees a little.. i had to drive 9 hrs today thru Louisiana and Texas and at one point stopped at an off-brand gas station/truck stop that had awful bathrooms, one stall/urinal was more disgusting than the next.. So , even though i’m not a fan of most things “Texan”- i will tip my hat to Bucees for their obsessively clean bathrooms, they do that right.

I’m gonna revise my opinion of Bucees a little.. i had to drive 9 hrs today thru Louisiana and Texas and at one point stopped at an off-brand gas station/truck stop that had awful bathrooms, one stall/urinal was more disgusting than the next.. So , even though i’m not a fan of most things “Texan”- i will tip my hat to Bucees for their obsessively clean bathrooms, they do that right.
Thatb(from what I was told) was the whole reason the owner started Buc Ees.

We have been to a couple before dalas and then near Ft Worth. They also have their wages posted all over the store and it seems like they pay damn good considering. Louisiana screws something else up yet again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom