Bucs-Falcons game is blacked out in Tampa (1 Viewer)

No. Sunday Ticket does not show locally blacked out games. Here in Los Angeles, they treat the Chargers as a local team, so if their game is blacked out in San Diego it is also blacked out here in L.A., even on Sunday Ticket. It is most annoying.

This is crazy, even when you pay you still can't watch the game. What a country - you can collect the money and not have to deliver the goods!

The hell is up with people in Florida? Do they not like football? They have three teams and while one is threatening to move because of poor attendance, another can't even sell out a division rivalry when they're actually playing good football. I'm not sure how Miami's ticket sales are doing but I wouldn't be surprised if they're down too.

The hell is up with people in Florida? Do they not like football? They have three teams and while one is threatening to move because of poor attendance, another can't even sell out a division rivalry when they're actually playing good football. I'm not sure how Miami's ticket sales are doing but I wouldn't be surprised if they're down too.

Tampa couldnt get people in the seats for rays games, either. Even though they had one of the best teams in mlb in a close race.

The Buccaneers organization announced in I believe early October, in a surprisingly confident manner, that they will not sell out a single game this year.

No news here.

I live on the other side of the state from Tampa. Unfortunately, the FOX station I get is out of Orlando, which is within the blackout area. I didn't get the Saints/Bucs earlier this year either.

This is crazy, even when you pay you still can't watch the game. What a country - you can collect the money and not have to deliver the goods!

NFL Sunday Ticket is marketed as an out-of-market sports package, and it's exactly that. The NFL considers Los Angeles to be a secondary market of San Diego, so in the NFL's eyes, Chargers games are in-market games, so Sunday Ticket doesn't apply. Sucks, but them's the breaks.

NBA League Pass is the exact same thing. Hornets games that are broadcast on CST are blacked out on League Pass, but games that aren't broadcast on CST are available (ie, the Hornets and Cavs are playing, but only the Cavs TV network is broadcasting the game, so the blackout is lifted because it's an out-of-market game).

NFL Sunday Ticket is marketed as an out-of-market sports package, and it's exactly that. The NFL considers Los Angeles to be a secondary market of San Diego, so in the NFL's eyes, Chargers games are in-market games, so Sunday Ticket doesn't apply. Sucks, but them's the breaks.

NBA League Pass is the exact same thing. Hornets games that are broadcast on CST are blacked out on League Pass, but games that aren't broadcast on CST are available (ie, the Hornets and Cavs are playing, but only the Cavs TV network is broadcasting the game, so the blackout is lifted because it's an out-of-market game).

I wonder why CST Hornet games are blacked out on League Pass where I live, which is Fort Worth, Texas?

I think there's a ridiculously wide radius that the blackout covers. 350 miles or something equally stupid.

I'm not from Tampa, and I cannot say, but Florida has the 4th highest unemployment rate in the country at 11.9%.

IIRC, they had the second biggest housing price collapse after Nevada in percentage terms.

So both incomes and wealth are down a lot in the Sunshine State.

That said, they didn't have a hurricane destroy large swathes of their city, so I'm not sure that the economy is enough of an excuse.

I have found that the people here are the most bandwaggoner fans I have ever seen. Many so-called Buc fans I talk to say that they followed the Bucs when they were doing well, but not so much any more.

In addition to the economy, many Floridians are transplants, and thus don't have allegiance to the local team.

the dang saints game better not be blacked out, thats all I'm saying...... :)

I am not sure what ya'll are looking at. The map I see shows falcons @ Bucs as being on in Tampa (Fox Late Game).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom