Byron Leftwich for OC (1 Viewer)

Can we bring in someone who has had some type of NFL success in terms of offense? Tampa's offense was trash. Byron Leftwich during his playing career...hot garbage.

If they go with a former NFL QB as the next OC, I vote for Mark Brunell. He is currently the QB coach for the Lions, where he has resurrected Jared Goff from the trash heap, and was a part of fresh and effective offense. He also has a SB ring from his time as a Saint as Brees’ backup.
In case so, I'll take Frank Reich. His style of offense is more suitable for what Dennis Allen wants, a strong running game and great offensive line play. Super Bowl winner under Doug Petersen.

What part of Bryon Leftwich QB career makes you think he was exceptional? If anything, he’s middle of the pack.

He glued onto the coattails of Tom Brady. To think Leftwich had any part of Tom Brady success in Tampa is laughable. He simple is the name next to a position that had to be filled.

I would say we need a more proven coach, who took nothing and made it something. For a better example look at the Lions coaching staff or even Philly coaching staff. Jalen Hurts was not expected to take the leap that he did this year, yet now he’s a potential MVP. Look at the Ravens coaching staff. Even with Lamar Jackson injury they still found a way to get into the playoffs (yet was one and done without Lamar)

Way better options out there than BL.

What part of Bryon Leftwich QB career makes you think he was exceptional? If anything, he’s middle of the pack.

He glued onto the coattails of Tom Brady. To think Leftwich had any part of Tom Brady success in Tampa is laughable. He simple is the name next to a position that had to be filled.
Bucs were actually #3 in yards and scoring before Brady got there. :shrug:

I would say we need a more proven coach, who took nothing and made it something. For a better example look at the Lions coaching staff or even Philly coaching staff. Jalen Hurts was not expected to take the leap that he did this year, yet now he’s a potential MVP. Look at the Ravens coaching staff. Even with Lamar Jackson injury they still found a way to get into the playoffs (yet was one and done without Lamar)

Way better options out there than BL.
"Took nothing"...?

There is a lot that goes into each of those situations. This is what Goff said about the Lions

And the Eagles built their offense for and around Jalen Hurts. The exact same way the Ravens did for Lamar.

They didn't take nothing and made it something. They recognized the "something" in what they had and they put things in place to grow it. This is what the actual good coaches out there do.

I’m sure we actually saw more of BL’s true nature as a coordinator with the injury circumstances this year, so I wouldn’t want him here just given our crap luck. But I will say it’s hard for me not to feel a little bad for the guy. He goes from being a potential HC commodity to no one wanting to touch him in one season. Ouch.

I'm starting the movement

Why?

Experience of those around him
He's been a QB so he can raise our next QB to the highest level
He has experience with Tom Brady so he knows what a QB needs to be excellent

Our system is nearly 20 years old.. we need a fresh OC for one of the worst offenses in the league.

An IN BYRON'S DEFENSE

He had a 45 year old QB.. Julio who hasn't done anything in 7 years

And the worst possible back ups to a devastated oline.

Leftwich is a winner even when he was QB he won with a inferior team.
Pass.

Can we stop suggesting candidates found directly from the trash bin please? What is in the water sir?!

Who are all of the successful, unemployed OCs? You either have to promote someone with no experience...which is risky, hire a retread, or hire someone from college.

I'm starting the movement

Why?

Experience of those around him
He's been a QB so he can raise our next QB to the highest level
He has experience with Tom Brady so he knows what a QB needs to be excellent

Our system is nearly 20 years old.. we need a fresh OC for one of the worst offenses in the league.

An IN BYRON'S DEFENSE

He had a 45 year old QB.. Julio who hasn't done anything in 7 years

And the worst possible back ups to a devastated oline.

Leftwich is a winner even when he was QB he won with a inferior team.
Have you heard the reports that Brady was very upset with the lack of details that Leftwich provided in his game plans????? no thank you!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom