Cam Meredith released. (2 Viewers)

Man...when Meredith was healthy he ran routes so smooth. Having him in the lineup fully healthy would of been huge for this offense. However it didn't happened. Seeing how he was during OTA and minicamp, I knew this was going to happen if he wasn't ready by training camp. But for his health, I hope he recovers and have a great career no matter what he does.

I'm not buying the idea that it was the performance of other receivers made him suddenly expendable. People said he started camp off looking really good, but the key is he left the field during the middle of practice. You don't cut an experienced player in the middle of practice because he's having a bad day, he left the field because the knee started swelling and bothering him. With just 4 days of camp evaluation, and players still in shorts, more or less, you can't tell which player is going to outperform another until you have full pads, and start hitting. They cut Meredith in the middle of practice, because it was obvious the knee wasn't going to hold up, and given all the time he's had for it to heal, it will probably never be right again. I feel sorry for the guy, and hope he managed his money well. You can try to put a positive spin on it and say this shows how well the youngsters are playing, but it had nothing to do with any of the other receivers, this decision was all about the health of Meredith's knee.

You mean like hate QB we signed in ‘06 who, according to all reports other than ours, had a career ending shoulder injury and would never be able to play again?

Was it a risk? Yup 100%. Did it pay off? Nope. Did it cause any serious damage to us while he was here or after? Nope.

LOL I love when people use the 1 example this ever worked in our history. What's the record for times it works compared to when it doesn't 1-237? Exception does not make the rule. Stop thinking every FA signing is Drew Brees, maybe he's just a special player?????

Not sure how his injury is progressing but obviously it was the WR talent pool was the driving force with Matthews being the vet trade off for CM

The signing of the OL from the jags took the roster spot and the cap money

If / when we sign a RB there will be another cut which I’m guessing will be Allen

I'm not buying the idea that it was the performance of other receivers made him suddenly expendable. People said he started camp off looking really good, but the key is he left the field during the middle of practice. You don't cut an experienced player in the middle of practice because he's having a bad day, he left the field because the knee started swelling and bothering him. With just 4 days of camp evaluation, and players still in shorts, more or less, you can't tell which player is going to outperform another until you have full pads, and start hitting. They cut Meredith in the middle of practice, because it was obvious the knee wasn't going to hold up, and given all the time he's had for it to heal, it will probably never be right again. I feel sorry for the guy, and hope he managed his money well. You can try to put a positive spin on it and say this shows how well the youngsters are playing, but it had nothing to do with any of the other receivers, this decision was all about the health of Meredith's knee.
Sadly, this may be true. The Saints saved almost nothing cap-wise by cutting him and I have a hard time believing there are 90 players better than him (if healthy) on the roster right now.

.. where is ????.. Ginn ??.. if that's the case it could be situational matchups, and if that's the case then Butler would more than likely be #5, or on the p/s .. no offense, just not sure who you're referring to.. & tbh I totally forgot about Ginn.. LoL.. damn we're stacked!
Yeah, stupid auto correct got me good. I was referring to Ginn. It's a good problem to have with CGM, Ginn, Mathews, TQS, KK, Butler and that's not even looking at Lil Jordan or Carr.

I'm really sorry to see this happen, he was a promising young WR who had the talent to make a big impact were he able to be healthy...I wish him well...put me in the camp that thinks it was a relatively low risk/possible high reward signing that just didn't work out....

I really think Kirkwood is going to emerge as a force this year, that is not to say TQS or another WR won't but he seems to know how to use his body and has better instincts than most young WR's I've seen....we will see...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom