Carson Wentz (1 Viewer)

Right, homework that's all. I use to think he was the best QB coming out his year but I think Philly broke him mentally. A QB that can't handle the pressure of the NFL is not a good idea.

Right, homework that's all. I use to think he was the best QB coming out his year but I think Philly broke him mentally. A QB that can't handle the pressure of the NFL is not a good idea.
I think he is in the same boat Winston was. I think if Winston goes for big money then Wentz would be a fall back plan if we didn’t want to trade picks for a Rodgers or Wilson

I think he is in the same boat Winston was. I think if Winston goes for big money then Wentz would be a fall back plan if we didn’t want to trade picks for a Rodgers or Wilson
I don't he's ever shown he can handle the pressure. At least's Winston's background shows he can handle the bright lights by winning the national championship at a big-time program. Wentz came from a mid-major and couldn't cope with Philly drafting a 2nd round pick. He was traded to the coach that believed in him and now they won't even commit to him after trading for him.

I don't he's ever shown he can handle the pressure. At least's Winston's background shows he can handle the bright lights by winning the national championship at a big-time program. Wentz came from a mid-major and couldn't cope with Philly drafting a 2nd round pick. He was traded to the coach that believed in him and now they won't even commit to him after trading for him.
In the “old days” this was one of the main reasons why teams used to be scared to draft small college QBs in the 1st rd.

In the 70s, Steelers fans and media were very critical of them drafting Bradshaw and it took him a long time to develop, but obviously he worked out.

In the early 80s Giants fans and media roasted them for drafting Phil Simms, from Morehead State in the 1st.

Both those guys ended up legends for their teams and helped break the stereotype of small school QBs not being ready for the realities of the NFL, but the reason the stereotype exists is because most small school QBs have not been able to make the transition as well as guys from major programs.

Obviously there are more exceptions, but I don’t think Wentz has what it takes to climb the hill.

In the “old days” this was one of the main reasons why teams used to be scared to draft small college QBs in the 1st rd.

In the 70s, Steelers fans and media were very critical of them drafting Bradshaw and it took him a long time to develop, but obviously he worked out.

In the early 80s Giants fans and media roasted them for drafting Phil Simms, from Morehead State in the 1st.

Both those guys ended up legends for their teams and helped break the stereotype of small school QBs not being ready for the realities of the NFL, but the reason the stereotype exists is because most small school QBs have not been able to make the transition as well as guys from major programs.

Obviously there are more exceptions, but I don’t think Wentz has what it takes to climb the hill.
In his defense, Philly is one of the roughest cities to play in the league. I mean they use to cheer when players used to get hurt at the old Vet. His year with Indy wasn't that bad but the fact that they couldn't beat Jacksonville to get in is a concern. Finally, he's getting 28 mil next year so they may decide to keep him rather than taking a cap hit.

The talent is there, the question is can SP get his head right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom