Chances Dorsey falls to ten, and If so... (1 Viewer)

No way you get Dorsey at 10. The Bengals are right in front of you. They need a guy like him big time.

The number of teams running a 3-4 and the fact that the hierarchy of premium positions seems to be QB, LT, Pass-Rusher, CB, could see one of them drop. It seems unlikely, but who thought that Matt Leinart would fall to 10? Anything's possible on draft day.

Unlikely that Dorsey will drop that far... but take a look at the 10 teams in front of us...

Miami - Even if they keep their pick... Dorsey is not a 3-4 NT.

St. Louis - Could take Dorsey or Ellis, but Jake long is a better pick.. they just drafted the kid from Nebraska to play DT for them last year.

Atlanta - McFadden may go here if he's still on the board.

Kansas City - Dorsey or Ellis could go here... but they need offense... a QB to be exact.

Oakland - With Sapp gone... the Raidahzz may take Dorsey or Ellis, but they need offense... not sure what offensive lpayer they'd take if they don't take Dorsey.

New York Jets - 3-4 defense... may either take Long (From Va) or Gholston.

New England - 3-4 defense...

Baltimore (5-11) - BMore could take Dorsey or Ellis here, but they ne dmore help on offense.

Cincinnati (7-9) - Ellis or Dorsey could go here...

New Orleans (7-9) - Decent shot at both Dorsey and Ellis... the guys that can use either of them have more pressing needs on offense, but there's really not alot of skill guys that are worth a top 10 pick in this draft.

I seriously doubt he falls. At least not all the way to 10. He wont get past the Chiefs, and if for some ungodly reason he does, I think the Bengals will jump at the chance to have an inside force like him. If we want one of those DT's, Ellis or Dorsey, We'll have to move up in the draft.

About the same way I did when we passed on LB D Johnson back a couple of years ago. I was beside myself.

Their official website's depth chart has 3-4 as their base defense.
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Team/Default.aspx?id=278

Interesting... I remember a few years back when they played 3-4, and LBs were getting out to Ray Ray.. he begged them to go 4-3, and get another big body in there to keep guys off of him (Halota Ngata sp?)... plus they run the 4-6 scheme... can't run that out of a 3-4... but hey I've been wrong plaenty of times. :shrug:

Their lineup on ESPN looks about right to be honest...

There's been a lot of talk on sports shows recently about Ellis' stock moving up after the Senior Bowl, and some have even suggested he will be the first DT picked.
I don't buy it. I still think NFL teams are smart enough to know that Dorsey is the slam dunk pick of this draft.

Just compare stats the two from last year:

Dorsey, hobbled for 5 games and missing the rest of the Auburn game after the cheap shot, still posted 69 tackles, including 12.5 TFL and 7 sacks. This against the vaunted offensive lines of the SEC - and he was a disruptive monster for three quarters against tOSU in the Championship game (after he and the rest of the team woke up at the end of the first quarter).

Ellis, starting all 13 games, had 58 tackles, including 12.5 TFL and 8.5 sacks. Also impressive numbers, but he was fully healthy and didn't face the quality opponents that Dorsey did.

I'm not trying to downplay Ellis here. I think he will be a star in the NFL for many years to come and I will dance in the aisles if he falls to the Saints at #10 or we trade up a couple to grab him, but I don't see how anyone can grade him higher than Dorsey.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom