Chase Thomas UDFA [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Others have mentioned it, but somewhere I read that he had a slow 40 time. That said, I believe the 40 time is one of the most overhyped stats in football. I recall someone on NFL channel saying when he was in the middle of running his 40 at the combine, he thought to himself, "I never run like this playing football." Quickness is more important, as well as football intelligence/instincts. I believe Chase Thomas is the best UDFA in this year's post-draft pickups. Add Reddick to that mix, and the Saints have some legitimate players as UDFAs yet again.

Hes Slow.....AND white.

I'm not saying that to be funny but Its the only thing i can think of. His pro day results were better than Jarvis Jones proday. His production was just as good...especially considering that he played on the strong side compared to Jarvis playing weakside OLB. If Thomas would have been a weakside OLB he could have put up similar number to jones.

Then they both would have had the same questions......athleticism vs production. I honestly don't get it. I mean if you compare the two then Jones did it against SEC competition but i mean Jones has medical/character/weight room concerns. While Thomas had none of those.

Shrugs..beat me. So that brings me back to He's slow and white which is stupid.

:hihi:

thats-racist.gif

Just kidding man... I think you hit the nail squarely on the head with this post and I agree 100%. So glad this kid decided to sign with us, because I'm sure he had a ton of options.

Why the heck are we overhyping another UDFA like we do every single freaking year?!?! He wasn't drafted for a reason, just because he's a UDFA picked up by the saints doesn't mean he's an automatic All-Pro...seriously guys

Why the heck are we overhyping another UDFA like we do every single freaking year?!?! He wasn't drafted for a reason, just because he's a UDFA picked up by the saints doesn't mean he's an automatic All-Pro...seriously guys

Going by that logic, no UDFAs would ever amount to anything and teams would be comprised solely of the 240+ players selected in the draft.

I was debating on how to respond to this. At first I was going to point out that we are freaking money with finding stud UDFAs, so of course we are going to talk about who we think is the next great signing. Then I was like "what else are we supposed to talk about during the most boring, football related, time of the year". In the end I decided a picture is what was needed and threw together this...

Attachments

• Me So Angry.jpg
    Me So Angry.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 11
Lbs with poor measurables tend to fall a lot

its a less valued position and you only want to draft guys who are fast and big...

same with rbs i guess

i guess the same reason arian foster, chris ivory, or pierre thomas went undrafted, they really suck. I can name a million more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom