Chase Thomas UDFA [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

I will be shocked if Chase Thomas makes this team.

Sproles, if you read my multiple posts you know that I like Thomas a lot.

The guy may not be a physical specimen, or even fast as a pass rusher, but he is very intelligent and tend to make proper decisions.

But more then that, the guy has a lot of character, he took the Stanford defense on his back.

I don't know if he is going to make the team, but he will give it all and fight until the end.

I wante him since the 3rd. round.

Another day, another video courtesy of DraftBreakdown.com. Chase Thomas hasn't made many waves this offseason in preparation for the NFL draft, but he's been one of Stanford's best players for years now and will almost certainly hear his name called on day two of the draft.

Luckily for Chase, he's put excellent production on tape for the last three years, and even earned high praise from SI.com's Andy Staples yesterday, who compared Thomas to Oregon's Dion Jordan, who is seen as a top-5 pick:

This obviously isn't a perfect system, and rarely do we get such a perfect head-to-head comparison. But when other factors are equal, I'm still taking the guy who produced more. Which explains why I would skip Dion Jordan, save my money and draft Chase Thomas. Anyone who watched the Pac-12 the past few years knows exactly what Thomas can do. The draftniks who only read first-round mocks probably have no idea who Thomas is... Stanford's Thomas (6-4, 248) will go three to four rounds after Jordan, and all Thomas did -- playing against the same offensive lines as Jordan -- was get in the backfield more often (14.5 TFL, 7.5 sacks).

A good fit would be any NFL team that plays a 3-4 defense and needs depth at linebacker. With that in mind, the Jets, Saints and Browns would be good fits for Thomas to step in and play significant snaps in his rookie year.

If you're looking for more videos of Chase, check out his games against Washington, UCLA and Notre Dame.

What do you think - where would you like to see Chase end up

Sproles, if you read my multiple posts you know that I like Thomas a lot.

The guy may not be a physical specimen, or even fast as a pass rusher, but he is very intelligent and tend to make proper decisions.

But more then that, the guy has a lot of character, he took the Stanford defense on his back.

I don't know if he is going to make the team, but he will give it all and fight until the end.

I wante him since the 3rd. round.

in other words, he's the new shanle?:spit:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chase Thomas being available is a symptom of GMs trying to draft allpros in the 5th-7th rounds. Take guys that will be on ur roster in 3 yrs</p>&mdash; Ben Muth (@FO_wordofmuth) <a href="https://twitter.com/FO_wordofmuth/status/328286645151469568">April 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not kidding...i thought he was the fourth best SOLB prospect this year. I had him as Assn early third rounder. He could be starting next season. Guy is really good.

Such a great signing!!!!!!!!! Chase flat out produces! had him as a 3rd round guy.

I'll be shocked if Herring makes it :D

about equal athletic ability (or lack thereof), that why this mythical legend Chase Thomas did not get drafted by any of the 32 NFL teams

Nice player at the collegiate level. Heady, smart, comes to play, 110 %, motor doesn't stop. Yada, yada, yada.

I give him a 10 percent shot at making it as an ILB on this team. He will not make it as one of our edge rushers.

But more then that, the guy has a lot of character.

You just described Scott Shanle.

You just described Scott Shanle.

I don't think there's a point to bashing UDFA's, at all.
The team will have a chance to evaluate them purely based on potential, and then decide if they fit or not. Shanle was a Sean Payton favorite and I doubt Thomas gets the same treatment. We'll know in a few months if they think he's any good.

This deserved sharing, I'm pumped we got this guy. He could be our clay matthews.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23whoDatNation">#whoDatNation</a> isnt ready for the <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23partyinthebackfield">#partyinthebackfield</a> but i am</p>&mdash; Chase Thomas (@CTcard44) <a href="https://twitter.com/CTcard44/status/328352345761128448">April 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom