Choking Challenge (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What the fork?
===========
A 12-year-old girl in Argentina reportedly died after attempting a "choking" challenge she saw on TikTok.

The incident occurred on 13 January in the city of Capitan Bermudez, Argentina.

The girl, Milagros Soto, was found dead in her home after allegedly attempting the "blackout challenge," which is also known as the "choking challenge," one of numerous viral "challenges" that circulate on the TikTok social media app, according to local news outlet El Litoral. The girl is thought to have hanged herself.

The girl’s aunt wrote on Facebook that Milagros died doing a TikTok challenge.

The viral challenge dares users to choke themselves until they pass out……..

Nylah Anderson — inspired by “Blackout Challenge” videos on TikTok — went to her mother’s closet in December with a clothes hanger, a purse and a goal of mimicking others she’d watched on the social media platform, a new lawsuit alleges.

The 10-year-old then hanged herself as her mother was downstairs in their Chester, Pa., home, unaware the girl was in mortal danger.

Unable to free herself from strangulation, Nylah allegedly endured “hellacious suffering” until she lost consciousness.

Her mother, Tawainna Anderson, found her hanging in the closet “near the point of death” and performed CPR until paramedics rushed her to a hospital just across the state line in Wilmington, Del.

The girl — described by those who loved her as a precious, fun-loving “butterfly” — died five days later.

“I cannot stop replaying that day in my head,” Anderson said Thursday at a news conference, later adding, “It is time that these dangerous challenges come to an end so that other families don’t experience the heartbreak we live every day.”……..

The internet was originally intended to give people access to information they wouldn't normally have access to. People can do basic research without going to a library, thanks to the internet.

But we also get stuff like this, thanks to the internet.

The internet was originally intended to give people access to information they wouldn't normally have access to. People can do basic research without going to a library, thanks to the internet.

But we also get stuff like this, thanks to the internet.
I've always said the internet gives a voice to people that probably shouldn't have one.

This isn't on TikTok or the internet imho. It's about a parent who didn't talk to her child and know what she was watching or planning.

It's easy to blame something else, but it's nothing new.

This isn't on TikTok or the internet imho. It's about a parent who didn't talk to her child and know what she was watching or planning.

It's easy to blame something else, but it's nothing new.

I immediately knew what movie this was referencing, I remember when it happened

Maybe parents don’t think their children are that forking stupid and that talk isn’t necessary

“If someone online tells you to hang yourself until you pass out, you don’t want to do that”

“That scene in the movie where kids are laying down on a busy highway? It’s just a movie, it’s highly choreographed and it’s not real. Never try that in real life”

“That challenge about seeing how many tide pods you can eat before throwing up, probably not the best idea”

I immediately knew what movie this was referencing, I remember when it happened

Maybe parents don’t think their children are that forking stupid and that talk isn’t necessary

“If someone online tells you to hang yourself until you pass out, you don’t want to do that”

“That scene in the movie where kids are laying down on a busy highway? It’s just a movie, it’s highly choreographed and it’s not real. Never try that in real life”

“That challenge about seeing how many tide pods you can eat before throwing up, probably not the best idea”
More like:

When I was growing up there was always some stupid thing kids did to try and be cool. Sometimes it was no big deal. Other times, it was deadly because no one thought it through. Kids lay in the middle of the road and got run over. They inhaled various chemicals and died (lost a highschool gf to that one). They ate laundry detergent, and even hung themselves. I won't even mention how many jumped off bridges together. :p

Don't just follow along. Think for yourself. If you aren't 100% certain it's safe, just don't do it.

These are not young children. A 12 year old should fully understand the concept of choking to death.

I think there probably is a legitimate correlation between willingness to engage in risky TikTok challenges and low IQ, though. A lot of these unfortunate kids are just dumb.
I teach many ‘high iq’ kids
Would you like a summary of the boys describing their driving habits?

I thought this thread would be about the Falcons.
You’re up by 10 points with 43 seconds to play. Win probability is 99.8 percent

There is no way you can lose this game

Falcons: challenge accepted

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom