Chris Myers and Ronde Barber will be calling Saints-Rams (1 Viewer)

GWave120

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Thrilling news, I know. :banghead:

Everyone get your earplugs out, or turn up 870 for Jim and Deuce.

Also, not surprisingly, the game won't be widely broadcast nationally. Markets currently slated to get the game include...

Traditional Saints markets
Shreveport, TX
Beaumont, TX
Little Rock, AR
Los Angeles, CA
Palm Springs, CA
Bakersfield, CA
Santa Barbara, CA

Have not been a Chris Myers fan since he degraded the saints during Bounty Gate. Dislike him and his bias. 870 radio time for this week.

I can hear both of those fools now when Goff completeso a 5 yard pass "Oh what form and accuracy ."

Ronde Barber and John Lynch are the absolute worst. They're both so obviously biased against divisional opponents of the teams they spent most of their respective careers with that it's actually laughable to listen to them calling games in those situations.

Yuck!

I wish Jon Gruden could call all of the Saints games...

When we score a TD...

c1vKsxF.jpg

:lolup:

Thrilling news, I know. :banghead:

Everyone get your earplugs out, or turn up 870 for Jim and Deuce.

Also, not surprisingly, the game won't be widely broadcast nationally. Markets currently slated to get the game include...

Traditional Saints markets
Shreveport, TX
Beaumont, TX
Little Rock, AR
Los Angeles, CA
Palm Springs, CA
Bakersfield, CA
Santa Barbara, CA

You left out Monroe. Unlike Shreveport, Monroe ALWAYS gets Saints games played.

Are there any commentating crews people here like?

I didn't realize so many people despised game commentators until I came to SR. They've all always just sort of been "generic background sounds" for me when watching games, and I'm a guy that listens intently to game broadcasts.

Meyers and Barber don't bother me.

Meyers is ok ... Ronde' is a pretty decent analyst. He has a lot of respect for the Saints ... specifically Brees when he calls our games.

They aren't that bad.

You left out Monroe. Unlike Shreveport, Monroe ALWAYS gets Saints games played.
'
I certainly didn't leave Monroe out. Monroe is what I'd call a "Traditional" Saints market, along with BR, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Alexandria, all of Mississippi (except for area serviced from Memphis), and Mobile/Pensacola. That core of cities pretty much always broadcasts Saints games.

Meyers is ok ... Ronde' is a pretty decent analyst. He has a lot of respect for the Saints ... specifically Brees when he calls our games.

They aren't that bad.

I personally don't see the bias that others complain about, but what I do see in Chris Myers is a sub-par commentator. I've said this before, but Chris Myers is basically "that guy" sitting in a bar who's had 3 beers and suddenly begins to think he needs to vocalize every thought that enters his head, no matter how incorrect, inane, or irrelevant it may be. A few examples I can recall while sitting here...

- When calling Saints-Rams in 2013, which we lost, he said something akin to "Hey, that's an onside kick! That's just like what the Saints did in the Super Bowl!" Extremely incisive commentary there, vocalizing lots but saying nothing.
- He actually will narrate and read verbatim some graphics that his directors put on the screen, which strikes me as unnecessary considering, you know, it's on the screen for all to read.
- When he does have good information to share, sometimes he gets his facts confused or says things that are just wrong enough to be irritating. There is no "Jack Yenni Stadium in Kenner," nor a "WW2 Hall of Fame in New Orleans." He's close on both of those, but I'd expect better from someone who worked in this market years ago.

Overall, in my opinion, he comes across as someone who is lazy, and as a result doesn't take pride in the job he's doing or take it seriously, and he thinks that his voice, which is solid, is enough reason for him to be on television. He was good as a sports anchor on WWL, and as the host of Up Close on ESPN, but there's a big difference between reading off of a script or teleprompter and coming up with the stuff real-time, and not everyone can do both. There are only so many Jim Hendersons in the world. I feel like Fox could with minimal effort find someone better at the job than him, but he's been around so long and is something of a name, so he stays around.

Are there any commentating crews people here like?

I didn't realize so many people despised game commentators until I came to SR. They've all always just sort of been "generic background sounds" for me when watching games, and I'm a guy that listens intently to game broadcasts.

Meyers and Barber don't bother me.
Seems like I'm one of the few that likes Aikman and Joe Buck. They seem fair to me..also, the Moose and whoever he is with, Kenny Albert??..Charles Davis is fair, don't know who he's with??

Don't really care for Chris Myers either..we seem to get him and Barber a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom