Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (6 Viewers)

I was at Geek'd con Friday. My favorite vendor was the dude that paints movie scenes.

sidder.jpg
I bought the smaller version of his Star Trek The Next Generation bridge crew back in March at Louisiana Comic Con. Absolutely love it.

See? Now I'm convinced it's you in the Wolvie costume... :biglol:

I will make it to Geek'd Con one day, maybe. Their guest list don't excite me as it does everyone else since I lean to the comic book side and they tend to bring back the same folks, mostly local, every year.

I'm prepping to head to New York for NYCC in October. I'm better prepared this time.
Many people seemed to be excited to meet the guests that were there. I just walked by the guest areas. I was mainly there for merch. I love walking around and looking at everything that's available to buy (most of which I can't afford). I can't even imagine how exhausted (and broke) I'd be at NYCC.

I can't even imagine how exhausted (and broke) I'd be at NYCC.
Crazy enough, if I spent $50 at SDCC, that was a lot. There was just some much going on. NYCC can't touch it... yet. I'll definitely be spending there.

Welcome to our newest con... They're on the same level of the folks who ran Big Easy Con, if not larger because they've actually been adding shows over the past few years...

1000000139.png

Last edited:
Welcome to our newest con... They're on the same level of the folks who ran Big Easy Con, if not larger because they've actually been adding shows over the past few years...

1000000139.png

Good placement halfway through the year from Fan Expo.

I wish they'd do one of their Nightmare Weekend horror cons in NOLA. Maybe eventually.

Good placement halfway through the year from Fan Expo.

I wish they'd do one of their Nightmare Weekend horror cons in NOLA. Maybe eventually.
Yep. Leftfield really screwed the pooch moving Big Easy Con from July to November that year. They never recovered from that idiocy here.

I asked Cullen Bunn why horror was so big these days. It never attracted me as much as it does to others I know, like you.

1000000139.png
That's awesome! Galaxycon usually has some pretty decent lineups, from what I've seen. And middle of the summer would be much easier for me to handle compared to Fan Expo right after the holidays. I'm excited for this!

That's awesome! Galaxycon usually has some pretty decent lineups, from what I've seen.
They do. I went to a show in Raleigh and it was pretty stacked with guests. Ended up fussing at Ted DiBiase for not honoring a childhood promise.

Their show in Columbus was spectacular (being in December, it was cold as fork). Worse thing about it was most there were in a pissy mood because tOSU lost to Michigan the weekend before.

Last edited:
Louisiana Comic Con was this weekend and, despite my own personal lack of enthusiasm for the guest lineup, me and my daughter attended (son had to work, which was a bummer) on Saturday. Entry into the building was quick and easy. It worked the same way last year. I feel they've got the ticket / wristband situation figured out nicely. My daughter was dressed in her cosplay outfit and was quite excited to walk around. I was looking forward to walking through the vendor booths and looking at the various cosplayers.

One positive aspect to the guest lineup was that I didn't have to use any time waiting in line or listening to a panel, so I was able to really take my time in going through all the merch. There was a good mix of vendor types - some artists with various prints (a lot of which was anime-related), some selling figures, three (I think) different comic book vendors, a couple of vendors with shirts. I was looking for Superman art prints to add to my collection, but I did not come across a single one. I did purchase a nice TNG print (those tend to be rare since it's not current), a Demon Slayer print, and a Smallville print (technically, Superman-related, but not completely). Also found a Demon Slayer figure to add to my collection.

We ended up spending about 3 hours at the show. My daughter got many pictures taken of her in cosplay, so she was super excited for that. I did see Kevin Nash and Booker T at their tables (physically big guys, but not nearly as big as they were back in the day). DJ Qualls is really tall. Poor John Beatty looked lonely at his table and was just sketching every time I passed, as he didn't seem to have many visitors. I did like that people were able to sit outside this year in order to eat their snacks / food. I can't remember if that section was open before, but I don't remember it being that way. It opened up the inside congestion a bit. The overall crowd seemed to be about the same as usual. Good amount of people, but not insanely packed.

We finished out the trip with a swing by the mall and then our usual pizza stop at Dean-O's.

Tagging @TheO40 in case he still visits the boards. Although the guests weren't for me, we did enjoy attending the con and plan to be there again next year.
How are you liking this 2025s line up so far?

How are you liking this 2025s line up so far?
For me, it's meh. But to be fair, I am a comic book fan. So unless you guys bring in folks from out of town that you don't have every year, it's always going to be my response. Other folks might be on board thus far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom