COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (4 Viewers)

In more college football news, the Big 10 has decided to play only conference games. All non-conference games are cancelled.

The way the N-95 is designed, when you breath in the mask creates a seal around your face and the air comes in through a filter on the mask. When you breath out it creates positve pressure and the seal is broken and the air is released around the mask with no real filtration on the exhale.
So if the purpose of wearing a mask is to protect others, it looks like the regular ol' cloth mask is more effective than the N-95 at holding your stuff in / slowing it down. Interesting.

So if the purpose of wearing a mask is to protect others, it looks like the regular ol' cloth mask is more effective than the N-95 at holding your stuff in / slowing it down. Interesting.
In theory, it seems that way. I've been wearing N-95's the 2-3 times I've been in a store since this started but I wasn't worried about protecting everyone else since amost none had masks on anyway.

N95 with and without the filter. The one with no filter filters both ways. It’s a cheaper mask and a lot more uncomfortable to wear. The N95 with the valve seals so it filters only on the inhalation, then the little valve opens to make exhalation easier.

Attachments

• 229FE204-E5F5-41EE-A4D3-68229C0E5FCD.jpeg
    229FE204-E5F5-41EE-A4D3-68229C0E5FCD.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 7
  • D4242447-D480-4D20-9A62-2B2758F48A94.jpeg
    D4242447-D480-4D20-9A62-2B2758F48A94.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 7
N95 with and without the filter. The one with no filter filters both ways. It’s a cheaper mask and a lot more uncomfortable to wear. The N95 with the valve seals so it filters only on the inhalation, then the little valve opens to make exhalation easier.
No filter still means that when you exhale, the air can pop out the sides, if not super tight.

either way, a surgical mask seems to be a good mask for catching a cough or sneeze. it should perform like the best cloth masks.

No filter still means that when you exhale, the air can pop out the sides, if not super tight.

either way, a surgical mask seems to be a good mask for catching a cough or sneeze. it should perform like the best cloth masks.
My N99 is my favorite. More comfortable than the 95, better protection in and out plus it prevents Bill Gates and the Government from using facial recognition software to track my every move.

do you think he'll go back to phase one next week?

I genuinely have no clue what his plan is, or even if he has one. He can't keep coming out every week with nothing , though. He's going to have to do something eventually.

Sorry to keep harping on this, but it is worth noting that since the data I posted yesterday, the new CDC numbers indicate that the Florida "Pneumonia pandemic" has claimed 66 more lives, bringing their total up to 6,051 through half of 2020; this after averaging 2,870 over the past five years.

Here is the link (it seems that this updates every 2 to 3 days, and has a bit of lag behind the Worldometers site we all follow):

Personally, I am at the point now where I am no longer just looking at COVID totals, as it seems pretty clear that there is a lot more to the story than meets the eye.

I agree. There’s underreporting of Covid-19 deaths.

Select: Excess deaths with and without COVID-19

You can visually see the early outbreak deaths that happened before testing ramped up. Just select early outbreak locations like NY, DC, WA, or even LA. The “deaths without Covid-19” spike above the expected line until testing catches up then return to normal. After testing is in place (May/June) “deaths with Covid-19” accounts for pretty much everything above expected.

Now look at GA, FL, TX, AZ. It’s July, testing is available, and non-Covid deaths are at or above the expected margin line in the last 4-6 weeks. It’s not because these states are now spiking because CA is rising but doesn’t show the same discrepancy. It’s under reporting of Covid-19 deaths.

From article:
“But earlier this month, after the Tampa Bay Times reported that the medical examiners’ death count was 10 percent higher than the figure released by the Florida Department of Health, state officials said the list needed to be reviewed and possibly redacted.“

Tested negative, thank goodness.

Congrats. Those were fast results, what kind of test was it? The “brain swab” I hear people talk about or something else?

It was a rapid test swabbed. They swabbed both nostrils pretty deeply, but not to the brain. $270

If we could get an over abundance of those type of rapid result tests it would go a long way towards getting back to normal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom