Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence signs 5-year, $105 million deal (1 Viewer)

49erKiller

I am 100% human
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
DE DeMarcus Lawrence gets $105 million deal from Cowboys
FRISCO, Texas - Defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence finally got the bag he has been wanting for the last two years.

And the Cowboys got their war daddy pass rusher locked up for five years. More importantly, he will be signed in time for him to have surgery on his torn labrum so he can be ready to go in 2019 when he will get an NFL record for money in cash for a non-quarterback.

All totaled, Friday was a historic day for Lawrence and the Cowboys, who agreed on a five-year, $105 million contract extension, per sources.

Lawrence, 27, will get $31.1 million in 2019. He will get $48 million and $65 million over the first three years of the deal.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...ollar105-million-deal-from-cowboys/ar-BBVFuB2

Scary to think of the contract Cam Jordan will be due. :covri:

OP: Interesting info; thanks for posting.

Too many Benjamins for previously damaged goods, IMO. Time will tell. :scratch:

I'm going to keep a tab on how Davenport's production this coming season will compare with him. Not saying that MD will outperform him, but just to see how comparable it will be.

WhoDat!!!!!

:gosaints:

Dont get me wrong hes a great player but you may have a year or two window of winning with that kind of cap hit. You cant consistently win and field out a competitive team with a non qb making that kind of money

Anyone still complaining about the Davenport trade? There is only 2 type of $100 million dollar position. That's QB and pass rushers.

That's gonna change with Ramsey and Lattimore deals that will likely be 6 year 110 type deals

Didn't he have surgery and will miss the preseason?

That deal feels like a deal you pay to an Ironman-type player. A guy who has, and will, take every snap available to him. Spending the kingdom's treasury on a fella that needs surgery seems foolish, surgery sometimes have long lasting and negative lingering effects. Did LeCharles Bentley ever fully recover from his knee surgery??

Didn't he have surgery and will miss the preseason?

Saw a Dallas report (Mike Fisher) on yesterday stating it's 4-6 month recovery/rehab. Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday.

So yeah, he'll likely miss pre season activities.

Cant believe they did this BEFORE his surgery. Sure seems like a smart GM would have waited, but who am I to argue. I'll just be happy if I can tease all my cowboy fanatic neighbors and friends about how stupid their "GM" is.

Cant believe they did this BEFORE his surgery. Sure seems like a smart GM would have waited, but who am I to argue. I'll just be happy if I can tease all my cowboy fanatic neighbors and friends about how stupid their "GM" is.
Well, the cowboys owner is the real GM. So regardless if this works out for them or not, there won't be any repercussions.

Well, the cowboys owner is the real GM. So regardless if this works out for them or not, there won't be any repercussions.

That's why i was looking forward to calling their"GM" an idiot to my friends. ( And I'll do it in my best Jerrah voice.)

Lawrence, 27, will get $31.1 million in 2019. He will get $48 million and $65 million over the first three years of the deal.

That deal feels like a deal you pay to an Ironman-type player. A guy who has, and will, take every snap available to him. Spending the kingdom's treasury on a fella that needs surgery seems foolish, surgery sometimes have long lasting and negative lingering effects. Did LeCharles Bentley ever fully recover from his knee surgery??
In Bently's case, I believe the issue was infections (maybe MRSA?) from the surgery. And when Cleveland acquired him, he was healthy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom