We Lost Quinn. Why Not Bring Back Jayronne Elliot? (1 Viewer)

MTDB1983

Very Banned
Reaction score

I seem to remember he performed well in preseason. What would it hurt? He’s obviously productive when given an opportunity to start. To average a sack per game in any league is admirable.

I think he was listed as a LB on the roster last season if IIRC. I do remember he tore it up during the preseason. How we didn't at least keep him on the PS is beyond me.

I don’t know if he was eligible because he has 3 accrued seasons with the Packers (2014-2016. I want to say I think they changed the rule awhile back but I’m not 100%.

I seem to remember he performed well in preseason. What would it hurt? He’s obviously productive when given an opportunity to start. To average a sack per game in any league is admirable.

I literally was just talking about this on the Kikaha thread.

He lead us in sacks in the preseason last year. He also leads the AAF in sacks. Hes a player that gives it 100 percent everytime hes out there. Someone I think could make our special teams even better. Also could be insurance in case of injury. He is from Glenwood Highschool in Cleveland. Just like so many others on our team.

Hes a perfect fit, I think it would be a smart move to bring him in. I think he would choose to sign with us over any other team, bc of the relationship he has with our players, and his love for the organization.

I literally was just talking about this on the Kikaha thread.

He lead us in sacks in the preseason last year. He also leads the AAF in sacks. Hes a player that gives it 100 percent everytime hes out there. Someone I think could make our special teams even better. Also could be insurance in case of injury. He is from Glenwood Highschool in Cleveland. Just like so many others on our team.

Hes a perfect fit, I think it would be a smart move to bring him in. I think he would choose to sign with us over any other team, bc of the relationship he has with our players, and his love for the organization.

It seems so obvious that when it doesn’t happen, it makes you want to ring Airline Dr 24/7 to find out why.

He flashed in preseason but had trouble against starting, NFL caliber o-lines.
He would be a project on our roster that had: Teo, Klein, Davis, Anzalone, Robertson and Biegel.
If you make him into a pure pass rusher he would have been splitting time with Davenport, Hendrickson and Okafor.

I would definitely invite him to camp, but I'm sure other NFL teams will too.

In short, we are stacked and I don't see him making the cut.

Edit - After reading the headline again.....Comparing Quinn to Elliot is like comparing Adrian Peterson to PJ Hill.

He flashed in preseason but had trouble against starting, NFL caliber o-lines.
He would be a project on our roster that had: Teo, Klein, Davis, Anzalone, Robertson and Biegel.
If you make him into a pure pass rusher he would have been splitting time with Davenport, Hendrickson and Okafor.

I would definitely invite him to camp, but I'm sure other NFL teams will too.

In short, we are stacked and I don't see him making the cut.

Edit - After reading the headline again.....Comparing Quinn to Elliot is like comparing Adrian Peterson to PJ Hill.

I wasn’t making a comparison. I was mentioning that since we lost out on a pass rusher, maybe we could bring in a pass rusher. I am by no means pretending that the two are even close to being equal.

Think of Elliott as a distant consolation prize.

I wasn’t making a comparison. I was mentioning that since we lost out on a pass rusher, maybe we could bring in a pass rusher. I am by no means pretending that the two are even close to being equal.

Think of Elliott as a distant consolation prize.
I'd definitely send him a camp invite.
We signed Edwards to fill the void of Okafor.
I'm sure Elliot will get several camp invite offers now that the AAF died an ugly death.

I still think we will sign Ansah before it's all said and done with.

Elliot is a great effort guy that definitely deserves to be in the NFL, just don't see him cracking our roster. Who knows though.

But does Dennis Allen's scheme still employ tweener types or players that can rush or drop back to cover?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom