Cowherd and Peter King believe that Carolina is the most likely landing spot for Teddy Bridgewater (1 Viewer)

Just don't understand all this. Who actually said Bridgewater was actually looking to leave? All of this speculation.
It's his call but he's not under contract with us this year. After going 5-0 with us there's feeling that somone will throw real qb money at him while all we could offer in backup money if Drew doesn't retire.

It's his call but he's not under contract with us this year. After going 5-0 with us there's feeling that somone will throw real qb money at him while all we could offer in backup money if Drew doesn't retire.
Where does this feeling come from? Pure speculation. How does anyone outside the Saints and Bridgewater camps know whether the two sides have actually worked out a deal for Bridgewater to stay in NO?

Where does this feeling come from? Pure speculation. How does anyone outside the Saints and Bridgewater camps know whether the two sides have actually worked out a deal for Bridgewater to stay in NO?
True. But this is a fan board and everyone if going off of the publically available information. A lot of us would luv for him to stay but if he chooses to go elsewhere as a starter and get the big check we have to respect his decision.

I could see it.

Unless Drew retires, I’d expect to see TB in either Carolina, Tampa, Denver or Chicago.
Chicago is going to go hard for Teddy. Teddy would not mind getting back into the NFC North to compete against his former team.

Tennessee should be a good place for Teddy. They have a good team. Mariota doesn’t look like the answer for them and neither is Tannehill.

Teddy is not going anywhere. When Brees retires after the season, Teddy will be the new leader of the Saints offense next year. Not a bad gig that did not cost us a ransom in draft capital.
If you ever come to town, I will buy you a beer if you are right. I don't see Drew retiring next year no matter the outcome, and Teddy has now maxed out his chance for starting for another team. I think he goes to a team that has a stout defense and needs a qb who will just not crap the bed. Bears do come to mind, maybe Denver. I don't think he is enough of a "splash" signing for the Bolts to move on from Rivers with. They have to attract a new fan base in L.A.

Miami hasn't mortgaged their future for a safe, lean pick up of a veteran qb, they are all in on on a sexy new Rookie QB to sell jerseys and NOT win games.

They already have FitzMagic on a bargain deal, so they are full speed ahead on risking the next 5-8 years of their franchise on nailing the next two drafts... and hoping the Patriots move to the NFC as well...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom