Craig Robertson (1 Viewer)

You are failing to account for the fact that Robertson tends to play 16 games a year and Anzalone tends to play 4-6. Therefore, Robertson's experience is growing at a higher rate and Anzalone's is stunted. Robertson is aging, but Anzalone is not getting any younger and injuries take a toll beyond their years. Robertson is overall more likely to improve than Anzalone, because Robertson can stay on the field to improve his craft. You are basically projecting how great Greg Oden would be at 30, Anzalone will likely be retired before Robertson.

I don't think Robertson was better than Anzalone, but if he was, the difference was insignificant. I saw Anzalone making very good plays in his 3.5 games last year, and that was as a rookie. I think the difference is that if Anzalone can play at a comparable or near comparable level now, then it is expected that he will be able to play at a much higher level after he gets more experience. Robertson is a very solid LB, but Anzalone is good now, and potentially great.

I'm no doctor either... but I know that when my stomach hurts... it's probably not a good idea to fart.

That aside... Robertson should not be starting unless Davis, Te'o, Anzalone, or Klein are unable to go.... but again... I am no doctor.
I disagree on both counts. First off, when your stomach hurts, relief is just a fart away. Secondly, Robertson has done nothing but produce. I would start Davis and Klein ahead of him but not Te'o or Anzalone.

It would be nice to have a complete LB instead of guys with pieces. If we could take Anzalone’s speed, Klein’s size, Teo’s smarts, and Robertson’s durability we’d have one hell of a LB

What's this? 4 straight years (or 3 at least) where we've not started Robertson. And every single year he goes in for some injured player and proves to be better than the person he replaced.

At what point do you just freaking start the guy?
Bingo.

A solid linebacker.

Dude is disrespected.

Once he replaced Anzalone last year our defense improved regarding LB play.

Last edited:
Robertson is a steady player, typically a good blitzer and gives solid effort. He did overrun a play/missed the tackle last night on a 3rd and 4 that allowed the runner to pick up a first down on the Jags last scoring drive. I am not sure he is a better player than Anzalone though I would not be upset if Robertson earned a starting position and vice versa. Still, for all the criticisms of Anzalone, he really did not play terribly last night and the film shows that. He displayed the range that makes him a potentially special player and was in on 3 solo tackles in 22 snaps. Both are good players, both will play.

Even with Robertson being proven, Anzalone is way too young to judge right now.

He played in 4 games last year. He was thrown in at MLB last night and that's going to be tough for any young guy. He still needs time and live reps. That's only going to come from playing. His issue is staying healthy and it's a very open question at this point.

Robertson is a solid player. Usually diagnoses well, usually has the speed to make the plays. A nice solid player. But he has no upside, physical measurement wise he is as good as he gets. Anzalone has a huge physical upside if he can stay healthy, and gain some experience. He has the sideline to sideline speed and the ability to rush the passer well that Tobertson doesn’t have. He is just lacking experience, and I’m sure still trying to trust his shoulder and build it back up to NFL strength. In 2 years Anzalone could be in the pro bowl. In 2 years Robertson will still be first guy off the bench.

5th best?? Lol woah
Davis, Te'o, Klein, and Anzalone are all better players (and ahead of Robertson on the depth chart). Not sure why that was a "wow" statement. Pretty much stating the obvious.

Ya'll are arguing Toyota Camry vs. Lamborghini. One looks nicer, the other just gets the job done. Which one are you going to pick to get you to work day in and day out?

Robertson is the most disrespected player on the roster. He does nothing except produce and make big plays every time he steps on the field.

Ya'll are arguing Toyota Camry vs. Lamborghini. One looks nicer, the other just gets the job done. Which one are you going to pick to get you to work day in and day out?

Robertson is the most disrespected player on the roster. He does nothing except produce and make big plays every time he steps on the field.
Robertson has played like a solid back up. He doesn't produce at a high level at all and makes mistakes just like Anzalone.

Davis, Te'o, Klein, and Anzalone are all better players (and ahead of Robertson on the depth chart). Not sure why that was a "wow" statement. Pretty much stating the obvious.
Depth chart doesn’t mean much at this point my guy. Trust what you see. Look at the games last year. Of the four you just named, Davis was the only one head and shoulders above everyone else. I won’t hold much against Anzalone because he only played four games. The others played at least half a season. Robertson outplayed Te’o and Klein.

Depth chart doesn’t mean much at this point my guy. Trust what you see. Look at the games last year. Of the four you just named, Davis was the only one head and shoulders above everyone else. I won’t hold much against Anzalone because he only played four games. The others played at least half a season. Robertson outplayed Te’o and Klein.
Robertson did not outplay Te'o or Klein. Not sure what you were watching.

Robertson has played like a solid back up. He doesn't produce at a high level at all and makes mistakes just like Anzalone.

He had the most tackles on the roster despite only starting 12 games. On what planet is that not producing? If you don't think he's any good you must think the rest of the defense is downright terrible.

Robertson did not outplay Te'o or Klein. Not sure what you were watching.

The numbers (volume stats or metrics, no matter how you slice it) say otherwise friend.

Klein was borderline awful but gets a pass for being a good field general. Te'o is solid and has more ability in coverage than he generally gets credit for but is still a limited player. Robertson and Davis are the only proven 3-down linebackers we have right now. Anzalone....I don't know if he's the great white hope or whatever, but I haven't seen a player get this much undeserved hype in a real long time.

Anzalone is just marginally less than Robertson with age and upside that trumps Robertson. He need those live game reps.

Being a starter doesn't matter much in the front 7. It's because modern defenses try to beat you with depth. He'll get his snaps in throughout the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom