Cutting the cable, lets talk options and media setups (4 Viewers)

I had no idea that Amazon had canned the fire recast. I was just advising someone to buy one because mine works great but when I went to send them a link, there is none to be found.

“We are constantly evaluating our product and service offerings to best serve the evolving needs of our customers,” an Amazon spokesperson told TechHive. “Many of the features offered by the Recast are now available through other apps on Fire TV, and we are focusing our efforts and resources on other Fire TV devices and services that provide great value to our customers.”
I would like to know how? How can I record over air and then play it to any of my amazon products because that is literally all the thing did.

The bundles are fortunate? Am I in the wrong thread?
Actually, how it happened for me was I had Cox and it was included in my subscription at the time. When a Verizon sales representative was trying to sell me on switching they had already quoted a price $20/month less than Cox for essentially the same package and I asked them if they would throw in Peacock for no charge, I'd be in, and they said sure. That was for 12 months.

Oddly enough, I tried logging into the old account linked to Cox and it still works 3 years after I quit Cox. So yeah, I haven't paid a penny for Peacock in the 4 years I've had it.

I got sick of paying Cox $90/month for internet with data limits that I was constantly flirting with breaching, so I told them to go to hell and got Verizon wireless broadband. DL speeds about the same (sometimes faster, sometimes slower), no data limit, an insane $25/month with autobilling + already being a Verizon unlimited phone customer, and they guarantee not to raise that price for ten years.

If you're not a Verizon unlimited customer, it starts at $50, which, hey, is still a lot less than $90.

I've had a few instances of the device losing its connection, but they're less frequent lately, and if I moved the unit to a higher spot in my house (it's currently under a table on my first floor), I'd probably get reliably better service.

And for $65/month less, I'll take it. I can stream HD shows simultaneously to three TVs and still not see any problems.

I got sick of paying Cox $90/month for internet with data limits that I was constantly flirting with breaching, so I told them to go to hell and got Verizon wireless broadband. DL speeds about the same (sometimes faster, sometimes slower), no data limit, an insane $25/month with autobilling + already being a Verizon unlimited phone customer, and they guarantee not to raise that price for ten years.

If you're not a Verizon unlimited customer, it starts at $50, which, hey, is still a lot less than $90.

I've had a few instances of the device losing its connection, but they're less frequent lately, and if I moved the unit to a higher spot in my house (it's currently under a table on my first floor), I'd probably get reliably better service.

And for $65/month less, I'll take it. I can stream HD shows simultaneously to three TVs and still not see any problems.
I have Verizon as well, and other than a couple of power outages and brief disconnections for whatever reason, it's been good. I think my modem may be a bottleneck for streaming because I've been noticing some lagging lately, which shouldn't be happening. We have a lot of people in the house so idk if that's part of the problem. Might look at either upgrading the modem or the service speeds. Not sure which would fix the streaming lags.

I wish Verizon was available where i live. My sister got the TMobile internet and she said she hasn't had any problems with it. Her son is gamer, so the connection must be decent at worst of he'd be mad, and its only $50/Month.

I wish Verizon was available where i live. My sister got the TMobile internet and she said she hasn't had any problems with it. Her son is gamer, so the connection must be decent at worst of he'd be mad, and its only $50/Month.
I live out in the sticks, T-Mobile is the only internet available to me that doesn't involve satellite equipment. Flat 50 bucks a month, ping times are around 80-105 and speeds are in the mid 150's, depending on traffic, sometimes as low as 80 on downloads. The upload is around 5-10 depending on the time of day. I love it. For 50 bucks I can stream, my security system works flawlessly, including the camera streams and we stream all of our video content. Gaming isn't a big deal in my house, but 80-105 ping times rival those with AT&T or Cox so I am sure it is fine for gaming. It has it's issues, but for 50 dollars, I am willing to overlook the negative.

I live out in the sticks, T-Mobile is the only internet available to me that doesn't involve satellite equipment. Flat 50 bucks a month, ping times are around 80-105 and speeds are in the mid 150's, depending on traffic, sometimes as low as 80 on downloads. The upload is around 5-10 depending on the time of day. I love it. For 50 bucks I can stream, my security system works flawlessly, including the camera streams and we stream all of our video content. Gaming isn't a big deal in my house, but 80-105 ping times rival those with AT&T or Cox so I am sure it is fine for gaming. It has it's issues, but for 50 dollars, I am willing to overlook the negative.
I keep checking every few months for one of them to show availabitly in my area..

I keep checking every few months for one of them to show availabitly in my area..
If you really want to check, call them. The automated website that they promote is not correct, at least for T-Mobile. If I check availability for my address, it still says it's not available in my area, but myself and 3 of my neighbors all have it. I'm sure more have the service, but I only see 3 or 4 people in a month in my area, and that's a good month.

If you really want to check, call them. The automated website that they promote is not correct, at least for T-Mobile. If I check availability for my address, it still says it's not available in my area, but myself and 3 of my neighbors all have it. I'm sure more have the service, but I only see 3 or 4 people in a month in my area, and that's a good month.
never thought about that. I will give Verizon and T Mobile a call.

I have ATT Fixed Wireless at $50/month and they give me 350 GB of data which is normally more than enough. The speeds could be better sometimes, especially at peak, but they are always good enough for HD content at a minimum and 4K when not at peak. When streaming D+, P+, or HBOMax, I use a lot of that data but usually YTTV or just plain YT doesn't use much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom