N/S Dallas Cowboys Misery Appreciation Thread (2 Viewers)

Just to show you how long it’s been. Season 1 of That 90s Show is set the year of the last Cowboys championship season.

Just to show you how long it’s been. Season 1 of That 90s Show is set the year of the last Cowboys championship season.
Yep, that 70s show. They're a cult stuck in a mid-nineties time warp.

Cowboys most recent super bowl win is older than this very 1st iPod

CCD04007-C5BB-4EAD-BF0A-A468B594384A.jpeg

I do actually wonder how many SR.com posters on here right now were actually alive or old enough to remember the Cowboys last SB win back in late January 1996, almost 27 years ago. I was 16 years old at the time, so that gives most here a good consensus of how old I am now, but seriously, most Saints fans on this Internet sports message forum that are now in their 40's and 50's were still in HS, college, or had just graduated from college and began the path to our current jobs, girlfriends, wives, or kids.

And lets not just take our fan base youngest demographic into consideration, I'd say or estimate that maybe 1/5-1/6 percentage of all most NFL fans today: 30 and under werent alive or were too young to remember the Cowboys last SB championship. An entire generation of NFL fans have grown up watching, viewing and coming away with a perception of the Dallas Cowboys as being a mediocre, average team or above-average team that wins their division or clinches a WC spot once in a while every 2-3 years or so that went 13 years without a postseason win, struggled to finally win a few, but then, even at their very best, hit a literall, and figurative brick wall that will not crumble, decay, or collapse no matter how hard they ram into it every time, and if anything, that Wall gets bigger, stronger, more impregnable and tougher for them to overcome every year they don't advance.

The best chances Dallas likely had to make a deep postseason run where conceivably they could've advanced to the NFCCG or even a SB appearance was 2007, 2014, maybe 2016, and arguably, maybe this season. And of these 4 seasons where they played (and lost close divisional Round games), 2014 was maybe their best shot, it was, in retrospect, Tony Romo's last, best chance to make a deep playoff run, and I'm not even sure even if they do beat Green Bay and Dez's catch stands, that a more potent, scarier, rugged, more determined Seahawks squad doesn't wipe the floor with them the following week in NFCCG. E

I do actually wonder how many SR.com posters on here right now were actually alive or old enough to remember the Cowboys last SB win back in late January 1996, almost 27 years ago. I was 16 years old at the time, so that gives most here a good consensus of how old I am now, but seriously, most Saints fans on this Internet sports message forum that are now in their 40's and 50's were still in HS, college, or had just graduated from college and began the path to our current jobs, girlfriends, wives, or kids.

And lets not just take our fan base youngest demographic into consideration, I'd say or estimate that maybe 1/5-1/6 percentage of all most NFL fans today: 30 and under werent alive or were too young to remember the Cowboys last SB championship. An entire generation of NFL fans have grown up watching, viewing and coming away with a perception of the Dallas Cowboys as being a mediocre, average team or above-average team that wins their division or clinches a WC spot once in a while every 2-3 years or so that went 13 years without a postseason win, struggled to finally win a few, but then, even at their very best, hit a literall, and figurative brick wall that will not crumble, decay, or collapse no matter how hard they ram into it every time, and if anything, that Wall gets bigger, stronger, more impregnable and tougher for them to overcome every year they don't advance.

The best chances Dallas likely had to make a deep postseason run where conceivably they could've advanced to the NFCCG or even a SB appearance was 2007, 2014, maybe 2016, and arguably, maybe this season. And of these 4 seasons where they played (and lost close divisional Round games), 2014 was maybe their best shot, it was, in retrospect, Tony Romo's last, best chance to make a deep playoff run, and I'm not even sure even if they do beat Green Bay and Dez's catch stands, that a more potent, scarier, rugged, more determined Seahawks squad doesn't wipe the floor with them the following week in NFCCG. E
I’m 31/32 just for reference.
But I do wonder how long the Cowboys can survive on legacy because once you get to 30-40 years without a championship, it’s the equivalent of the Browns in the late 80s/90s.

I do remember their hot streak in the mid-90s. We were living in College Station and had good friends who were sports fanatics and Cowboy die-hards. In fact, for the Super Bowl in the Rose Bowl they had 50yd line lower levels seats and so it was relentless Cowboy blah blah blah for years...

Thinking about it, our daughter was less than a yr old when they last won the SB... and she's gone on to graduate from college and has been working as a Forensic Chemist in a crime lab for the last 5yrs... Haha, really puts their drought into perspective.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom