Article Dan Arnold Hype In Arizona (2 Viewers)

He was actually in Kay Adam's top 10 breakout player of the year. I was pretty surprised.

Arnold was playing great for the cards at end of year.

Not sure why we got rid of him. We could currently use him on the roster. He gets a lot of hate for that one dropped pass. Wasn’t an easy catch

Arnold was playing great for the cards at end of year.

Not sure why we got rid of him. We could currently use him on the roster. He gets a lot of hate for that one dropped pass. Wasn’t an easy catch
Could we? I'm not sure if it's obvious enough that rosters aren't infinite.

Arnold had a few misses. Many were tough plays but in the NFL you should catch those. He did make some good catches also but in limited action it wasn't consistent. I was nowhere near given up on him when he left. I was more encouraged by him than several wide receivers at the bottom of the roster. As others have said I think a loaded roster pushed him out early. I have to see him do it consistently to buy into any hype but he certainly has potential, especially considering he came in as a UDFA.

BTW Arizona is building an impressive team. Hope they don't get in our way, not a team I want to dislike.

Last edited:
We've trolled the nfl on TE's and WR's for a long time. There's a Drew factor of 40% for all of them. Unless you have Drew they'll be about 60% as good as you think they'll be. I don't have a problem with Arnold. He was definitely made better though because of the person throwing him the ball....which can be said about every TE and WR we've had since 06.

People act like the ball he dropped was like a fair catch. Like he was all alone in the end zone and just had to make the catch. That would've been an incredible catch! Two guys on him, body twisted, and then to come down with the ball?! Only a handful of TE's in the league could come down with balls like that on a consistent basis.

He got way too much flak for the TD drop. It would’ve been a tough catch. But being let go and going to another place can be the necessary catalyst to push someone to the next level.

I wish him well.

Example: Malcolm Jenkins (by his own admission) after he we let him leave here for Philly.

Saints fans hang on to certain plays so much. Did you really expect an UDFA to make the play of the game? I always liked Arnold, but fans are [Mod Edit: Profanty :nono:] that equate a play (Marcus Williams) to a career.

We could have certainly used Arnold last year imo. Better than trotting out freaking Krishawn Hogan.

Last edited by a moderator:
things may have been different if he caught that TD pass in the NFCCG in 2018

I will concede the DB was guilty of at least illegal contact or PI. But unlike Tommy Lee, Arnold got both hands on the ball. Not easy, but in the NFCCG, you gotta make that catch. And as we've noted, that was not the only time he showed shaky hands in his limited action as a Saint.

All that said, I don't hate the guy, I wish him the best. The play aside from the no-call PI on TLL that haunts my nightmares is fake punt conversion in the 1st half. No one faked more punts than the Rams that year. We should've been expecting the fake and in punt safe every time.

People act like the ball he dropped was like a fair catch. Like he was all alone in the end zone and just had to make the catch. That would've been an incredible catch! Two guys on him, body twisted, and then to come down with the ball?! Only a handful of TE's in the league could come down with balls like that on a consistent basis.

All that said, I don't hate the guy, I wish him the best. The play aside from the no-call PI on TLL that haunts my nightmares is fake punt conversion in the 1st half. No one faked more punts than the Rams that year. We should've been expecting the fake and in punt safe every time.

Yeah that play is overshadowed. If not for the no call then that's probably the play of the game. Totally changed the game. I don't know if it was the camera angle or what but I knew it was coming. Johnny Hekker was awesome at fake punts and he did it frequently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom