Dennis Allen is on the cusp of something (39 Viewers)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Either losing his job, or a breakthrough.

October has been incredibly tough and yet I think there was some wisdom in Demario's interview, where he mentiond something about their process needs to be identified, and tweaked. On one hand I have faith that Allen can make the adjustments, because when the offense had Red Zone issues last year, he implemented a bonus RZ period in practices that produced significant results to end the season. On the other hand because of the schedule this week, it'll be hard to implement anything until after Thursday's game.

That's why this game has to potential to be season saving.

Do I think Loomis really fires him mid-season? No, but if this ends up being a bad loss at home, to your former boss....everything is on the table because everything has to be.

With that being said, something is off w/ the defense and as he pointed out it could be how he's teaching or implementing it, where it's not getting through. It's possible he may need to simplify things, and this week may present a eureka moment because the schedule will force abbreviations to how they would typically organize their practices. In Spencer's interview he expressed excitement in having to cram things into two practices. It's just a thought that the need to do that may reveal something that can be carried over.

I'm still not down on Allen as a coach/teacher, there's too much in the way of data that that suggest he's a good one. Life just throws us tough patches to see if we're capable of working throught them and learning the necessary lessons, or as Demario put it, "making the necessary tweaks to the process so that the results improve"

October has been incredibly tough and yet I think there was some wisdom in Demario's interview, where he mentiond something about their process needs to be identified, and tweaked. On one hand I have faith that Allen can make the adjustments, because when the offense had Red Zone issues last year, he implemented a bonus RZ period in practices that produced significant results to end the season. On the other hand because of the schedule this week, it'll be hard to implement anything until after Thursday's game.

Do I think Loomis really fires him mid-season? No, but if this ends up being a bad loss at home, to your former boss....everything is on the table because everything has to be.

With that being said, something is off w/ the defense and as he pointed out it could be how he's teaching or implementing it, where it's not getting through. It's possible he may need to simplify things, and this week may present a eureka moment because the schedule will force abbreviations to how they would typically organize their practices. In Spencer's interview he expressed excitement in having to cram things into two practices. It's just a thought that the need to do that may reveal something that can be carried over.

I'm still not down on Allen as a coach/teacher, there's too much in the way of data that that suggest he's a good one. Life just throws us tough patches to see if we're capable of working throught them and learning the necessary lessons, or as Demario put it, "making the necessary tweaks to the process so that the results improve"
So he needs to dumb down a defense that he's been coaching for almost a decade? To players in their mid 30s?

What???

My biggest issue with DA is that the team loses an important player in a game and the team completely falls apart. Or they lose a game and they don't bounce back the next week. That is not what happens in Detroit or KC.

So he needs to dumb down a defense that he's been coaching for almost a decade? To players in their mid 30s?

What???
Hasn't this happened like every year too? The defense comes out lost, he "simplifies" and suddenly we're top 5?

I just don't see how he can turn around with so many injuries.

If it was for me, I would use the season to test our young players, and see if we can count on them in the future.

I don't have as negative view as many of the fellow posters here about Allen. It didn't work, but it will be hard to move on.

I don't know what will be the intentions of Loomis. But if Allen is fired, this will not be an attractive job. Before start rebuilding, we need at least a couple of years to clean the cap (as we can't extend veterans just to comply) and find extra picks to build a cheap, young roster.

For seemingly years, the defense starts off sluggish and then they simplify it and they improve. Why does this process happen every damn year? Even if they "fix" the defense this year, it's still a part of the years long process of DA being too smart and having to simplify his defense. Just start the year simplified. You shouldn't have to be a scientist rocket to figure this out. Good coaches don't have the same exact issues year after year because they fix the problems and they don't have to fix them year after year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom