Dennis Allen is on the cusp of something (22 Viewers)

Shaheed is out with Olave. It's going to take a miracle to win this week.
A shambles interior offensive line, both starting WR out, Taysom out, a promising yet green rookie QB, bottom tier TEs, and a superstar but banged up RB behind a line that can’t open holes.

I want to hope for the best, but we’re going to get blown out again. Look, I’m a long time season ticket holder and I stay until the last tick of the clock no matter what. I just don’t see any way we’re even competitive in this game. The defense is going to get gassed because we won’t be able to sustain drives.

It’s going to take more than a miracle. Maybe we can see more Rattler-Means sparks that hint at a better future.

Right now, what I’m really looking forward to is doing the 1-2, win-for you chant with Drew at halftime! I hope the crowd can keep up!

Who dat!

Im going to say no chance in Hell, saints will win tomorrow.

This game means alot to Payton. He isnt going to let DA out coach him.
Agreed the talent levels are the same, but the coaching is way better for Denver. That will be the difference. Sean will have a chip and be petty and pull out the stops. Allen will be...... Allen. Utter blech/meh

Some posters are on the team's payroll. That's the only explanation for trying to rationalize such a lousy coach. New year, new excuse from posters who otherwise make very reasonable and balanced assessments. Three years of trash and now he's on the verge. Sad.
Some folks just want to stay positive. Let them.

I do agree this is a make or break game. Only one team (correct me if I’m wrong) has ever lost 4 games in a row and made the playoffs. And obviously no team has lost 5 in a row and made them. I just can’t see him coming back if we both have a 5 game (plus who knows how many more) losing streak during the season and miss the playoffs this year. Injuries be damned, I have to believe a change would be made or I will lose all faith in the future

Nothing will happen and no chance of change or getting better unfortunately.. he will be always what he is. And with M.Loomis statement about good organization see beyond results when evaluating coaching..No change or help for the Saints. Sad really about our season and future.

Agreed the talent levels are the same, but the coaching is way better for Denver. That will be the difference. Sean will have a chip and be petty and pull out the stops. Allen will be...... Allen. Utter blech/meh
Why will Sean have a chip and be petty against a team that he chose to “retire” from? Allen did not beat him out of a HC job and from what I can tell, the organization, fans, and local media have treated him pretty well, even after he left. I don’t understand the reasoning behind this way of thinking.

Last edited:
Why will Sean have a chip and be petty against a team that he chose to “retire” from? Allen did beat him out of a HC job and from what I can tell, the organization, fans, and local media have treated him pretty well, even after he left. I don’t understand the reasoning behind this way of thinking.
He wanted to beat Parcells and that's his mentor. It's a competition thing which I guess you don't get.

Some posters are on the team's payroll. That's the only explanation for trying to rationalize such a lousy coach. New year, new excuse from posters who otherwise make very reasonable and balanced assessments. Three years of trash and now he's on the verge. Sad.

I ALMOST posted this same sentiment after reading his post this afternoon...but I got busy at work lol

Lol

We also have stretches where the DL is trash and can't get pressure on a corpse. He's a good, not great, DC. He's a terrible HC. Fire him and get Robert Saleh as DC and go after Ben Johnson next year as HC.

This is the fairest take on DA. He's a good DC who could be a great one if he could figure out how to be better at the end of games. The defense had a terrible game against Tampa, but they played well in the first 4 games and managed to play okay against the Chiefs. I think unless the team quits on him, he will get the defense fixed soon especially when Werner and Mathieu get back.

But, he's a terrible HC and has needed to go for two years.

If the defense can hold Bo Nix and the offense to 10pts, then the Saints have a chance. If Denver scores at least 20pts, then I think Saints have no shot. I just don’t see how this second string offense can score 20pts on Denver defense.

Watch SP let’s Ole Sneaky Pete take the play calling duties for this game and Denver puts up a 40 piece with 500 yards of offense 🤣🤣🤣

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom