Dennis Allen is on the cusp of something (23 Viewers)

Hasn't this happened like every year too? The defense comes out lost, he "simplifies" and suddenly we're top 5?
We also have stretches where the DL is trash and can't get pressure on a corpse. He's a good, not great, DC. He's a terrible HC. Fire him and get Robert Saleh as DC and go after Ben Johnson next year as HC.

I'm not as hopeful for a victory with Taysom "doubtful" but I really can't think of a more important game in Allen's tenure. If they can somehow get a win here, they have 10 days to rest before playing the Chargers

But even in my "delusional optimism", I find a path forward without our Top 2 WRs, Taysom, and any number of O Lineman difficult to imagine. We'll need a miracle from a rookie QB and our UDFA WRs...maybe Kendre can finally have a game? Idk.

If Allen pulls this off though...you gotta respect it.

I'm not as hopeful for a victory with Taysom "doubtful" but I really can't think of a more important game in Allen's tenure. If they can somehow get a win here, they have 10 days to rest before playing the Chargers

But even in my "delusional optimism", I find a path forward without our Top 2 WRs, Taysom, and any number of O Lineman difficult to imagine. We'll need a miracle from a rookie QB and our UDFA WRs...maybe Kendre can finally have a game? Idk.

If Allen pulls this off though...you gotta respect it.
Shaheed is out with Olave. It's going to take a miracle to win this week.

My biggest issue with DA is that the team loses an important player in a game and the team completely falls apart. Or they lose a game and they don't bounce back the next week. That is not what happens in Detroit or KC.
It's a sign of lack of preparation by the coaching staff.

Look how many times in the last few seasons that KC has lost /Mahomes/ mid-game, including in the playoffs, and Andy Reid is ready for it. That doesn't happen by accident.

Im going to say no chance in Hell, saints will win tomorrow.

This game means alot to Payton. He isnt going to let DA out coach him.

If I recall, DA started dialing up blitzes during our late season run of wins last year, combined with man defense behind the blitzes.

The post game press conference after the Bucs game was the most feaful I've ever seen DA. He looked like he knew he was about to get fired. It's pretty hard to fire the HC with a game in 4 days though. So now he's on the cusp of being embarrassed by his former boss. Payton may get more love in the dome tomorrow night than DA has ever gotten. I'm expecting at least one "Come back Sean" type sign in the stands.

While DA has shown he can be a good DC, he's not a good head coach. I've never seen anyone inspired by him, or respect him, or fear him or anything like that since he's been HC. He isn't motivational enough to do that job and it has to come from somewhere. I didn't see it when he was in Oakland either and I was in their local market.

If they lose tomorrow night and Mickey doesn't fire him the next morning, then we know who the real winner was all along. The guy on the flight back to Denver.

Some posters are on the team's payroll. That's the only explanation for trying to rationalize such a lousy coach. New year, new excuse from posters who otherwise make very reasonable and balanced assessments. Three years of trash and now he's on the verge. Sad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom