Derek Carr appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

With the way he played the last 5 games last yr and today he has played very close to an elite level. DC has always been just the right OC and system away from pushing that envelope of being elite

He was elite in 2016 when sadly he broke his leg in the meaningless end of a game they had already wrapped up... he was in MVP contention that year before the injury. Raiders made the playoffs but had the 3rd string QB at that point and the offense failed miserably.

I am impressed with Carrs 2024 debut but have to restrain my optimism because of the opponent. The Panthers are a very bad football team. If he comes out of Big D looking like he did yesterday then I will stop pumping the brakes on my Carr Optimism. For now the offensive play does pass the eyeball test

I've always thought that DC was capable of playing really well if he has adequate support (including a decent running game), yesterday he proved that.....If the support continues I expect him to have a great season....we will see....

I'm reserving judgement for when we don't play the worst team in the league. Not just with Carr, but with a lot of players and coaches. The whole of last season was pretty bad despite the 9-8 finish. Derek Carr was not the only problem last year and his play alone won't be the solution either.

There was no adversity yesterday. Things went off as they were supposed to. It was a good game, but it was only one game. My black and gold colored glasses are off this year. I want to see consistent play all around against good teams before I start throwing around many kudos.

FOSTER MOREAU’S TOUCHDOWN PASS WAS THE BEST PASS BY A SAINT SINCE DREW BREES.​

That was an elite throw right over the defender. Bryce Young couldn’t make that throw in his dreams.

Also Johnson’s TD was a perfect throw.

Good for him and excited to see what they can do against Dallas.
Yea i specifically rewatched that throw to make sure it wasnt a throw up for grabs. It wasnt, it was an elite throw w/ just enough loft to get over the defender defending Landon Young, and just enough speed to beat the other defender. And FM took a monster shot at the end and held onto the ball. A great play for sure.

for me it was a nearly perfect QB play, even flashy sometimes (the Larry Csonka run, where he had fun taking a bit contact and when he rolled out and gave Moreau and other Receivers the signal to get in position). Iam satisfied and the old school playcalling was really good and didnt burn him. Yes he will make some mistakes, as the season continues, but right now i dont want to trade him for another QB, Panthers QB looked like Deer in Flashlight,

That throw for the 1st TD was Randy Savage Macho.
Put it on the money with pressure right in his face.
I have to admit that, after touting
DC when we signed him ( having watched all of his seasons with Fresno State as a Fresno citizen ), I lost much of my confidence in him after last season. He seemed to have a mental weakness. Didn't seem to be able to process what was happening on the field during a play.
Not enough, anyway. Or not quickly enough.
Couldn't blame him for having happy feet in the backfired. Our O-line was struggling big time. Especially for the first 2/3's of the season.
But he didn't always look bad mainly due to being pressured.
But with that being said, I know DC can throw the ball. But it appeared his mental game was suffering.
No way am I going to think, based on yesterday's game alone, that Carr has got his game back. Or found his game, period.
But it is a great beginning to the season. At least we know what Carr is capable of.
And I have to give a shout out to our
O-line. They looked good.

I am impressed with Carrs 2024 debut but have to restrain my optimism because of the opponent. The Panthers are a very bad football team. If he comes out of Big D looking like he did yesterday then I will stop pumping the brakes on my Carr Optimism. For now the offensive play does pass the eyeball test
While Carolina is bad on offense they are not bad on D. They were the #4 D last yr

You with me? You feel me?

smh

Starts off with praise (all for the D) then goes into the Negatives!

smh
If you notice, the highly focused mega winner types tend to be, not so good, as public personalities. Drew Brees and Tom Brady, Sean Payton, Eli Manning, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Michael Jordan are not so great in the booth. Instead they tend to be men of action instead of dazzlers with speech. To be great on the field and in the booth requires one to have a clown-like demeanor such as Terry Bradshaw, Chucky, Payton Manning (?). Its a working theory, but I say that to say this, id rather my HC to be like Bill Belechik, Tony Dungy, Parcels, Dick Saban. Guys that can careless about chatting and instead rather be game planning. DA is a focused and driven guy. I'm hoping Micky was onto something w/ his comparison he made earlier in the year. Ok, i know, im pushing it. Just saying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom