N/S Deshaun Watson Decision (UPDATE: League and PA agree to 11 games, $5M fine) (1 Viewer)

I wonder why the player association thinks he shouldn't even be suspended to begin with? Are they justifying what he done?

The PA is a union - unions represent the interests of the labor as a whole but also act as the advocates for individual workers in labor proceedings. It’s part of the service they provide for the fees the player pays. It’s not that they necessarily morally support the employee’s conduct, it’s a function of the union.

The PA is a union - unions represent the interests of the labor as a whole but also act as the advocates for individual workers in labor proceedings. It’s part of the service they provide for the fees the player pays. It’s not that they necessarily morally support the employee’s conduct, it’s a function of the union.
Sound more like "pay me and I get you off" organization.

Sound more like "pay me and I get you off" organization.

It’s called advocacy. Every union is like that - it’s similar to being the union member’s lawyer (and often involves hiring lawyers). Some insurance policies are similar in that they have “defend” provisions. It’s part of the service, it doesn’t mean they support what the employee did.

Maybe I'm hearing it wrong but it sounds like he says "...is/as a high level NFL quarterback" and then cuts off. Curious if there was more of a point he was making or if that was it.

The NFL fought hard against the NFLPA to make sure Watson doesn’t face Brady and will be back to face the Saints. I mean, C’mon they’re making it too obvious the 11th game for the Browns is against the Bucs.

It was never going to be less than 11. The NFL wanted 17 - it was the PA that fought hard to get a “split the baby” compromise. The halfway point between 17 and 6 is 11.
If a "decision" by the NFL has any chance to negatively impact the Saints, I'm 100% buying into the conspiracy theory that the decision was made to hose the Saints.

I'm sorry, too many times I've seen it happen. If Saints had been well 11, I'm going 10-1 odds the suspension would have been 10 games.

Apples and oranges my friend. Depending on the Jurisdiction, prostitution is obviously illegal. But it's a consensual arrangement. It was victimless. I don't even understand how u can lump those two situations together.
Apples and Oranges are both fruits. Point being, both should cause a "stain" to the image of the NFL. Different stains, but stains nonetheless. It's like asking if a stain from fruit punch is worst than grape juice.

I agree with him. RG3, father of 4 daughters, is impressing me on what he's saying about this issue. NFL isn't really stepping up on behalf of women.
Key word in RG's post is accused. That's the part most keep ignoring. It's accusations with no physical proof. We can't prosecute people to the full extent of the law based solely on accusations. Would you want to go to jail because your local supermarket accused you of shoplifting? Point being, prosecuting folks based on someone's word alone could open up a huge can of worms in this country.

I'm sure it's a TOTAL coincidence his first game back will be against his former team. Because the networks want that $$$ for the "facing his old team" storyline. God forbid he be suspended for that game too.

An 11-game suspension never happens in the NFL under any other circumstance.

I'm sure it's a TOTAL coincidence his first game back will be against his former team. Because the networks want that $$$ for the "facing his old team" storyline. God forbid he be suspended for that game too.

An 11-game suspension never happens in the NFL under any other circumstance.
At this moment, it’s a noon game. I don’t see the League or CBS allowing that game to escape the pit of a noon regional game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom