N/S Deshaun Watson Decision (UPDATE: League and PA agree to 11 games, $5M fine) (1 Viewer)

Really gross when comparing his punishment to other players.

But you have to remember that those aren't all the same thing. Of that list, only Watson is based on the personal conduct policy - which has its own set of rules and procedures. It wasn't even that long ago that the NFL elected to get involved in personal conduct of players away from the game of football or league-related activity.

Football-related discipline (Burfict) is a separate policy and Burfict's case was one of repeat offenses. PED and recreational drugs are also separate and have their own schedule of discipline where a violation results in an automatic, scheduled suspension. And the lengthy ones are based on repeat offenders. In Ridley's case, the league has a strong anti-gambling policy and views league personnel getting involved with gambling on NFL games to be strictly prohibited.

I think these kinds of graphics are disingenuous because they suggest that there's a single league disciplinary authority and it's not consistent or seems to value some things far more than others. That's not accurate - there are a variety of different kinds of ways a player can be disciplined and the ones that go directly to the game (on-field infractions, PEDs, gambling) have a history and league interest that is much more direct than the personal conduct policy. It's apples and oranges.

I know Cowherd isn’t popular, but this goes into what I was saying about the League burying the Browns/Texans game in the noon regional time slot.

I know Cowherd isn’t popular, but this goes into what I was saying about the League burying the Browns/Texans game in the noon regional time slot.

But I thought it was on purpose so the NFL could hype the game and make money on this single regular-season game on CBS at noon. :cautious:

His first game back against his former team will be interesting.

Then 3 weeks later, on Christmas Eve in Cleveland, the only NFC South team to play them because he is suspended for the other three is the Saints.

Why oh why do I feel like this is already setting up to be, as that thread about games we should not lose, but will. That would be such a Saints thing to do.

Neil was a big fan of FreeWill
He was also a Working Man, whose personal ethos and philosophy being a famous Canadian musician living in the Limelight, were borrowed from the ideals of the French Revolution and Bastille Day:

Liberate, Equalite, and Fraternite

He was also a Working Man, whose personal ethos and philosophy being a famous Canadian musician living in the Limelight, were borrowed from the ideals of the French Revolution and Bastille Day:

Liberate, Equalite, and Fraternite
Fun fact though, Neil wasn’t the drummer when Working Man was released as a part of their first album (Rush) in 1974.

Geddy Lee wrote those lyrics, but once Peart joined the band, Lee and Alex Lifeson were happy to have Neil write the lyrics for almost all of their remaining catalogue while they focused on the music from that point forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom