Dez Bryant, AJ Green, and Emmanuel Sanders (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
I keep hearing that the Saints are interested in these players. I could also add in Eifert at TE. During the off-season, it was also being speculated that the Saints would bring in 1 or 2 FA WR's to add to the mix with Thomas. None of this took place, as the Saints brain trust wanted to stick with what they had, and bring in un-drafted Rookie WR's to compete and develope. We brought in Humphries, and Butler, to go along with Cobbs and Carr. We also still had Kirkwood and Smith. None of this has worked out.

Now, all the rumours are flying about Dez and the others. But, we all know that it takes time to learn a new offense, especially one as complicated as the one Sean Payton runs. Then, you have to get on the same page with the QB in said Offense. I don't know that a WR brought in at this point would benefit the Team. With the continued developement of Cook, and getting Carr and Kirkwood back - and getting Smith over his ankle injury - I think we could be just fine. Plus, I don't know if we have the financial freedom to go after one of the big name Receivers. Thoughts?

It's been evident for a few years now, but we still end up in the same cycle. We're stubborn and we love it.

I was hopeful Tre'Quan and Kirkwood would step up, and progress another level from last season during this camp.

But that hope has now faded, they could still possibly take the next step but it won't be this season. It might be 2-3 years down the road, that's not going to help a team trying to win a Championship 'This Year".

With the limited trade and cap resources we have I really hope we don't jump the gun on these guys. Maybe Dez seeing he's a FA. But we are a 4-1 team, three of those Ws coming from our backup. We don't really need to get any of these guys. We are a legit Superbowl contender as is.

We brought in Rishard Matthews during FA but he quit the team. We had Meredith but he never bounced back from his injury. We didn’t have much luck this offseason and preseason.
Whatever happened to Matthews? Didn't someone else sign him after he left us?

I was hopeful Tre'Quan and Kirkwood would step up, and progress another level from last season during this camp.

But that hope has now faded, they could still possibly take the next step but it won't be this season. It might be 2-3 years down the road, that's not going to help a team trying to win a Championship 'This Year".
And which Saints insider has told you this?

And which Saints insider has told you this?
You don't need an insider to tell you Tre'Quan, and Kirkwood are underwhelming, disappointments this season. Just using the eyeball test we are 5 games into the season and they have done next to nothing, except show up on the injury report.

Kirkwood one game, 0 targets, pulls Hammy in pre-game warm ups Week 2. Tre'Quan keeps re-injuring his ankle, and the worry about him has been his slight frame, and if he has the conditioning to hold up 16 games.

Both will be long gone in 2-3 years. If not, we will be in bad shape.

You don't need an insider to tell you Tre'Quan, and Kirkwood are underwhelming, disappointments this season. Just using the eyeball test we are 5 games into the season and they have done next to nothing, except show up on the injury report.

Kirkwood one game, 0 targets, pulls Hammy in pre-game warm ups Week 2. Tre'Quan keeps re-injuring his ankle, and the worry about him has been his slight frame, and if he has the conditioning to hold up 16 games.
Meh---that's not entirely fair to call them out for lack of production when they've both been injured. That's like saying Brees' numbers are underwhelming through 5 games. Out of the two though, I think Tre'Quan is showing more promise

The Bengals coach said they aren't trading Green so you can scratch him off the list. I would like Emmanuel Sanders out of the list but I wouldn't want to overpay for a 30+yo WR on an expiring contract. If he can be had for a 5th or later I'd do it.

The Bengals coach said they aren't trading Green so you can scratch him off the list. I would like Emmanuel Sanders out of the list but I wouldn't want to overpay for a 30+yo WR on an expiring contract. If he can be had for a 5th or later I'd do it.
It would seem to me that Sanders could be had for a 6th or 7th depending on how much the Patriots are willing to pay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom