Dick Stockton (3 Viewers)

ALWAYS felt like this about Verne Lundquist.

The voice was epic.
So many didn’t like him as he faltered and made mistakes on broadcasts later in his career, but oh man that voice.

Having annoying-arse Gary Danielson weighing down the vibe for the final decade or so of his time with CBS didn't really help either. Also, small pet peeve here but I always cringed at how he would almost always refer to LSU as "Louisiana State".

For me, the Mount Rushmore of best voices in sports would be: Pat Summerall, Verne Lundquist, Dick Stockton, and John Facenda.

Seriously though, who has the scoop on why Stockton hasn't called one of our games in the better part of a decade when he's an NFC broadcaster and we play in the NFC? Someone has to know.

I don't care who calls the games for the Saints.

Seriously though, who has the scoop on why Stockton hasn't called one of our games in the better part of a decade when he's an NFC broadcaster and we play in the NFC? Someone has to know.

I will always associate his voice with the 2006 divisional game against the Eagles.

As far as your question........ Is he still part of the FOX "B-team"? I quit paying attention a few years ago to the announcer pecking orders that followed Buck/Aikman and Nantz/Romo in terms of B team, C team, etc. for those networks.

Well yeah, but you're obviously smart enough to know that that's not what they go by. It'd be like only calling Ohio State "OSU".
I am no LSU/Louisiana State fan, but I think it's kinda cool and "classic" to hear them called the latter. All good if you don't care for it, just found it interesting.

I will always associate his voice with the 2006 divisional game against the Eagles.

As far as your question........ Is he still part of the FOX "B-team"? I quit paying attention a few years ago to the announcer pecking orders that followed Buck/Aikman and Nantz/Romo in terms of B team, C team, etc. for those networks.
I think he's even a little further down the trough now...maybe C or D if that's a thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom