Dick Stockton (2 Viewers)

When's the last time he called a Saints game? Last I remember was 2009 at Miami with Charles Davis.

Don Criqui is still one of the best ever to call an NFL game. A definite legend.

Agreed there! He was on NBC, which had the AFC for a long time. Enberg and Olsen were the gold standards for them, but Criqui and Trumpy were 1b, basically.

And you should enjoy this....Criqui narrated the Saints' inaugural season's official highlight video....

Sadly, he's starting to fall victim to father time. Makes a lot of mistakes these days.

Loved him in his prime. He and Kevin Harlan are two of the best ever to me.
Kevin Harlan all day for me. He's the best.

Way back in the day, Curt Gowdy. All you can think of are those great AFC playoff games involving the Dolphins, Steelers and Raiders.

Always liked Curt Gowdy and Al Derogatis...

Now we're talking. When I think of the old AFL/AFC, I think of Gowdy, Paul Christman and Al Derogatis more than anyone.

Can we find some really good impersonators with football knowledge, put them in the booths and bring back the voices and personalities of Gowdy, Derogatis, irritating Howard Cosell, Tom Brookshier, Frank Gifford, Jack Buck, Don Meredith, Pat Summerall, Chris Schenkel, Paul Christman, Merlin Olson, and Dick Enberg? Then find one or two that do perfect Buddy D and Hap Gaudi impersonations and put them on WWL. That would be great. :hihi:

ALWAYS felt like this about Verne Lundquist.

The voice was epic.
So many didn’t like him as he faltered and made mistakes on broadcasts later in his career, but oh man that voice.

As a young kid, I was a big fan of Dick Stockton and Hubie Brown calling NBA games. Yes to me he is a legend.
Same. I know Stockton did plenty of NFL, but I associate him most closely with the 80s NBA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom