Directv Question for those who have renewed (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I cancelled Directv before last season mostly for financial reasons (I now get cable + internet for the same price as I was getting JUST cable from Directv). Considering the state of the team last season it wasn't that hard of a decision for me. Besides, more than half of the Saints games last year were on TV here and the other half I watched online. If I didn't have to sign a 2 year contract I would gladly pay the $300 for the season and just use Directv for the Saints games. So my questions for those who still have Directv:

1. Has anyone ever been able to get the Sunday Ticket WITHOUT signing a 2 year contract?

2. I heard that Directv's contract with the NFL is up after this season which would definitely shut the door on my signing a 2 year contract with them. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Piggy back someone else's service pay for their ticket this will only work if you still have the satellite

How do you piggy back on someone else's service? Can you explain?

If your still have the satilite on your house add box to their service will cost you $6.00 month extra and pay for their ticket or just pay for there on the go and you can watch from Xbox ps3 or any computer

If your still have the satilite on your house add box to their service will cost you $6.00 month extra and pay for their ticket or just pay for there on the go and you can watch from Xbox ps3 or any computer

Hmm...I will have to look into that option then.

Thanks to everyone for their help on this!

...2. I heard that Directv's contract with the NFL is up after this season which would definitely shut the door on my signing a 2 year contract with them. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Not this season. Next. They have their exclusive through the 2014 season - so this season and the next.

March 24, 2009 (Bloomberg) -- The National Football League’s Sunday Ticket package will remain on DirecTV through 2014.
Rest of the article here

I heard some rumblings about DTV opting out after this season even though the contract is for one more year, but DTV publicly denied that speculation.

The Sunday Ticket has nothing to due with the two year agreement. The two year agreement applies to the monthly programming package. You aren't required to buy the Sunday Ticket every year.

Go out and buy you a cheap, used ps3. You can sign up for sunday ticket directly from it without having to purchase directv. I believe its $149 for the service on ps3.

Get a PS3 and you can get it from there

This will work just make sure you do NOT connect a phone line, ethernet or any other internet connecting device to that box.

The Sunday Ticket has nothing to due with the two year agreement. The two year agreement applies to the monthly programming package. You aren't required to buy the Sunday Ticket every year.

Right, but I don't want to be stuck in a contract for 2 years paying for cable service that I won't use outside of football season.

Go out and buy you a cheap, used ps3. You can sign up for sunday ticket directly from it without having to purchase directv. I believe its $149 for the service on ps3.

I will have to check into all the details but this sounds like my best option, as I wouldn't have to involve anyone else by piggybacking.

This will work just make sure you do NOT connect a phone line, ethernet or any other internet connecting device to that box.

I understand the phone line not being hooked up but i've seen a box used many times in two different locations with the ethernet hooked up and no problems.

What problems can internet access cause from a second location?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom