DirecTV releases 2nd wave of HD Channels (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=1183309#post1183309

More to come in October but seems they are releasing in smaller waves for testing purposes

DIRECTV has just released 11 new channels in high definition! Look for these on a DVR near you:

* Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD (Channel 640)
* Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD (Channel 629)
* New England Sports Network/NESN HD(Channel 623)
* SportsNet New York HD (Channel 625)
* YES HD (Channel 622)
* Cinemax East (Channel 512)
* Cinemax West (Channel 514)
* HBO West (Channel 504)
* Bravo (Channel 273)
* SciFi Channel (Channel 244)
* USA Network (Channel 242)

1st wave of new HD channels were released roughly 1-2 week ago here.

List of new HD channels (each line is a discussion thread link)

* A&E (Channel 265)
* Animal Planet (Channel 282)
* Big Ten Network (Channel 220)
* CNN (Channel 202)
* The Discovery Channel (Channel 278)
* The History Channel (Channel 269)
* The Movie Channel East (Channel 544)
* NFL Network (Channel 212)
* Showtime West (Channel 540)
* Showtime too (Channel 538)
* The Smithsonian Channel (Channel 267)
* The Science Channel (Channel 284)
* Starz Comedy (Channel 519)
* Starz East (Channel 522)
* Starz West (Channel 521)
* Starz Edge (Channel 520)
* Starz Kids and Family (Channel 518)
* TBS (Channel 247)
* TLC (Channel 280)
* Versus / The Golf Channel (Channel 604)
* The Weather Channel (Channel 362)

My new HD channels say searching for signal......I havnt called to find out why they dont work.

that's awesome! I'm going to check now! I been waiting for Sci Fi and USA for a while!

My new HD channels say searching for signal......I havnt called to find out why they dont work.

Try rebooting it. I had that error at first when the first wave came and they worked after rebooting the red button

I have had a problem a few times where one of my tuners did not work, so I would change channels and I would get no signal, change channels again signal was back, I rebooted it's been fine since.

I have had a problem a few times where one of my tuners did not work, so I would change channels and I would get no signal, change channels again signal was back, I rebooted it's been fine since.

May want to call D* to see if they can come out and look at it.

Sometimes Dishes need to be moved

I assume that you have the 5 LNB dish, an upgraded multiswitch and BBCs on all of your inputs, right?

From a thread over at DBStalk by a guy with an HR20 who was seeing something similar to what you have...

kcmurphy88 said:
Possibilities:

1) You are diplexing. Diplexing won't work as before, and may not work at all in some installations. D* suggests all diplexers be removed.

2) You have one or more faulty BBC -- swap both of the ones on the "bad" HR20 with those on the good one. The problem might move, or might be "fixed." In either case ask D* for two more BBCs, claiming the problem moved.

3) You have a faulty HR20. Try swapping it with the good one to see if it's the unit or the cabling.

4) You have a multiswitch and it's got a problem. Note that only the Zinwell WB68 or WB616 is supported by D* with the new sat. If you have something else, or if you have a complex setup with cascades, you may have to fix this.

5) You have a problem tuning the LNB on the dish. This might be in the HR20, in the multiswitch or in the dish itself. In theory it could be in the cable or the (lack of) grounding. Is the dish grounded? It should have a grounding nut on it someplace.

Problems 3 -5 can be sometimes fixed with a Zinwell WB616, which has its own power. I had a #5 problem once, fixed by swapping out the dish. Bad LNB.

Intermittents are tough, so narrow it down as much as you can by swapping before you call D* for help.

Link to above post

And another thread from Dbstalk on the same issue:

Link to 771 thread

man that new dish is huge.

I was told that we need a separate cable for each HD set. Does the new dish have separate outputs? How do you go about doing this. We have HD in the living room but regular in the bedroom but we are getting an HD set for the bedroom.

man that new dish is huge.

I was told that we need a separate cable for each HD set. Does the new dish have separate outputs? How do you go about doing this. We have HD in the living room but regular in the bedroom but we are getting an HD set for the bedroom.

The dish is larger than the old round or oval dishes because it is now picking up 5 satellites over a larger expanse of sky.

You need to install a Zinwell WB68 or WB616 multiswitch. It takes the output from the dish as its input and then distributes the signal via individual cables throughout your house. You then need a BBC on each input to a HD receiver/DVR. The BBCs are free from D*.

With a call to D* you can probably negotiate all the equipment and installation for free...

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_dis...meth=directg&gclid=CNLVw8m_844CFQklgAodgAJOIw

Attachments

• WB68_zoom.gif
    WB68_zoom.gif
    70.4 KB · Views: 5
Great info. I'm about to get a plasma and have been weighting the Cox Digital versus DirectTV and it looks like DirectTV just added another notch to their column.

I switched from Cox to DirecTV a year or so ago....one of the best decisions I ever made

And something new coming for those who have the HR20 - Remote Booking. This enables you to schedule programming on your HR20 from the D* web site. In beta testing now.

And down the road - D* On Demand...

:ezbill:

I assume that you have the 5 LNB dish, an upgraded multiswitch and BBCs on all of your inputs, right?

Yep....

I need to call them, but I have been dealing with other issues the past few days.

The mental midgets that we tailgate with decided they were going to upgrade the tailgating dish to a 5 lnb and Ive been trying to get it to work from the house.....thats one tough dish to get a signal on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom