Disappointed in season ticket holders (42 Viewers)

It was sad to watch all the eagles fans in the stands. Even when the Saints had the ball they were making a lot of noise. It sounded like when the Rams play at home with all the visiting fans. I was at the Carolina game and even in the fourth quarter of a blowout it was louder than today.
They def traveled well, tickets shot up to $700 dollars. I’m not mad at some people taking profit, but yeah it wasn’t helpful having so many of them in the done

As a season ticket holder who was there, I don't disagree. But this comes up often.

At the end of the day the reality is that the only way to truly cure the issue is to field a winner. As that happens consistently there will of course still be visitors, but the number will dwindle as home fans care more and visiting fans get priced out.

Think back to the Super Bowl season playoffs. You didn't have ten thousand Vikings fans for a reason.

As a season ticket holder who was there, I don't disagree. But this comes up often.

At the end of the day the reality is that the only way to truly cure the issue is to field a winner. As that happens consistently there will of course still be visitors, but the number will dwindle as home fans care more and visiting fans get priced out.

Think back to the Super Bowl season playoffs. You didn't have ten thousand Vikings fans for a reason.
The Saints were 2-0 going into this game. We may not end up being winners but if you gave up your ticket now what’s it going to look like if we lose a couple more. Nobody is going undefeated so if you can’t get excited when you are 2-0 what’s it going to look like if you’re 3-2 going into Tampa game. Just saying.

I am not very familiar with the selling side of ticket sales apps and sites, but is there a way to limit ticket resales to a specific zip code, area code, or physical location?

If the powers that be can determine what parish your phone is in when making a legal sports bet, (and disallowing it if that type of bet is not legal in that parish) why can't seat geek, stubhub, etc allow sellers to limit sales to a specific area?

I understand there will always be ways around the rules, however, today was truly disheartening. Disappointing and frustrating are not strong enough words to use for today's experience.

The combination of their sheer numbers (had to be 25-30 thousand), their obnoxiousness, and their feaux tough guy schtick made leaving Gate E after the game quite the exercise in patience and restraint.

Today's embarassment was probably the worst in my 20 years of having season tickets. Yes, I remember the 49ers, the Broncos, and most recently the Lions, but today was worse.

There are a lot of STH whom should be ashamed at what took place on Poydras St today.

The cost of everything is part of the issue too. After tickets, parking or ride share, drinks, food, etc. It’s a $500 day in most cases. This fan base has a lot of blue collar fans. Not everyone can do that every other weekend for 6 months. And if some fan from another team wants to pay 7 bills for a ticket. That’s hard to pass up for some folks. The NFL is slowly being priced out of range for middle class Joe. It sucks.

I'm a ticket holder and I sold my tickets. I was not able to attend due to a family obligation. I don't know who sat in my seats. But I do know that the sales platform does not distinguish between team loyalty, so Saints fans had the same opportunity to buy them as anyone else.

I used to be the guy that would get irritated with people selling their tickets to make a profit so I truly understand the sentiment. Being on the other side gives me a different perspective these days. I couldn't go to the Panthers game either and was only able to recoup 35% of face value. I owe it to myself to try to at least break even when possible. The other option is for me to drop my tickets altogether and simply buy individual games. If there were truly a line of people behind me waiting to buy tickets and never sell, I would honestly consider handing over the rights. But I don't get that impression. In fact, I offered them to several people in the off-season and had no takers.

In the end the team needs to win more and drive local interest in order to outperform visiting fans in sales.

The cost of everything is part of the issue too. After tickets, parking or ride share, drinks, food, etc. It’s a $500 day in most cases. This fan base has a lot of blue collar fans. Not everyone can do that every other weekend for 6 months. And if some fan from another team wants to pay 7 bills for a ticket. That’s hard to pass up for some folks. The NFL is slowly being priced out of range for middle class Joe. It sucks.

According to google, Louisiana ranks ahead of just West Virginia and Mississippi in average income.

It is $4.99 for a bottle of water at a Saints game.

Inflation has been insane and companies are not doing anything to scale salaries to adjust for it.

The amount of people I know who are season ticket holders and sell their tickets to a few of the high profile games and use that money to pay for next season's season tickets is... all of them.

It was sad to watch all the eagles fans in the stands. Even when the Saints had the ball they were making a lot of noise. It sounded like when the Rams play at home with all the visiting fans. I was at the Carolina game and even in the fourth quarter of a blowout it was louder than today.
People need money these days. I can’t blame them on this one. Times are rough for some people. I saw on the Cleveland Browns forum a while back they were planning a big vacation here(November 17th weekend) when they play at Dome too. Also consider the fact the City makes money off these fans.

Last edited:
If people are so broke… why buy season tickets?? For profit?? Embarrassing. Stay in school kids 👍🏻

Same reason people by a beach house and put it on Air BNB when they not using it…. Rent out their RV when they aren’t using it…. Buy a nice car and take a ride share job.

According to google, Louisiana ranks ahead of just West Virginia and Mississippi in average income.

It is $4.99 for a bottle of water at a Saints game.

Inflation has been insane and companies are not doing anything to scale salaries to adjust for it.

The amount of people I know who are season ticket holders and sell their tickets to a few of the high profile games and use that money to pay for next season's season tickets is... all of them.

Add another person to your list because that’s what we do too

Then again we are also out of town fans so the money we make goes to tickets and the rest to cover any travel costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom