Disappointed in season ticket holders (57 Viewers)

If people are so broke… why buy season tickets?? For profit?? Embarrassing. Stay in school kids 👍🏻

Same reason people by a beach house and put it on Air BNB when they not using it.

There's no profit in Saints tickets. At one point in the Brees era heyday you could make money. But that hasn't been the case for years, including while 9 was still under center. I remember realizing the proposition had changed during a wild car round against the Panthers. I had extra tickets and had to sell them below face value...in the terrace. They just weren't that desirable.

Yes, lots of Eagle fans. But are you nuts, it was loud in there and the atmosphere was rocking all day, even though the Saints offense did zilch after the first drive.

There's no profit in Saints tickets. At one point in the Brees era heyday you could make money. But that hasn't been the case for years, including while 9 was still under center. I remember realizing the proposition had changed during a wild car round against the Panthers. I had extra tickets and had to sell them below face value...in the terrace. They just weren't that desirable.
I didn’t say anything about profit. Just making an example. People don’t always profit from those things. Like a time share…. If you can’t afford a place in Aspen…. You can still have a nice place for a few weekends a year there.

Last edited:
I didn’t say anything about profit. Just making an example. People don’t always profit from those things. Like a time share…. If you can’t afford a place in Aspen…. You can have nice stuff for a few weekends a year.
I see. Thank you for the clarification.

Then it appears that the NFL pricing policies have driven some fans from being able to attend in person on a regular and consistent basis.

There are many things I wish I could do but truly can not afford. Wish I could vacation in Europe every year, wish I could fly first class everywhere, wish I could drive a G-Wagon.

You're doing the team you claim to support and your fellow fans a disservice in buying season tickets with the express intention of selling them.

The simple facts are that season ticket holders aren't going to game and Saints fans are not buying the tickets. Why aren't Saints fan buying the tickets? Don't blame the sellers because most games they take a loss.

There will always be tickets available to every single NFL game, in droves. There is not a whole lot that can be done to prevent any sort of visiting fan takeover other than local fans being the ones to buy them up first.

There are some particular fanbases that take over just about any venue they play in, going out of their way to buy tickets in droves, especially for a game in a destination city like New Orleans.

It’s just the way it is.

The Saints were 2-0 going into this game. We may not end up being winners but if you gave up your ticket now what’s it going to look like if we lose a couple more. Nobody is going undefeated so if you can’t get excited when you are 2-0 what’s it going to look like if you’re 3-2 going into Tampa game. Just saying.
Well, I sold mine 4 months ago before I knew they would be 2-0

The cost of everything is part of the issue too. After tickets, parking or ride share, drinks, food, etc. It’s a $500 day in most cases. This fan base has a lot of blue collar fans. Not everyone can do that every other weekend for 6 months. And if some fan from another team wants to pay 7 bills for a ticket. That’s hard to pass up for some folks. The NFL is slowly being priced out of range for middle class Joe. It sucks.
I sell some home season tickets to pay for 1-2 road trips per year.. I can't afford the road trips if I don't sell some of my season tickets.

Look, they charge me a sheet ton to park, a sheet ton to get a drink or anything, charge me full price for a freaking practice game or 2, so I'm not gonna apologize for making a couple bucks a a couple games, ESPECIALLY since I turn right around and use that money just to support them anyway on the road.

most other teams buy tickets once they are announced. Our tickets were super cheap based off of low expectations. New Orleans is a destination city for most and you can have fun for cheap.
I live in Vegas and bought tickets ($236 5 rows up in the endzone) for the Broncos game and I'm sure I can turn a profit if I were to flip them.

The Saints were 2-0 going into this game. We may not end up being winners but if you gave up your ticket now what’s it going to look like if we lose a couple more. Nobody is going undefeated so if you can’t get excited when you are 2-0 what’s it going to look like if you’re 3-2 going into Tampa game. Just saying.
I would imagine many who sold may have done so before the season as NOLA is a destination for traveling teams and this was not projected to be a great season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom