Ditka called Benson Stupid {merged} (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I just listen to something he said yesterday on Radio. Said he should not say it but the owner of the Saints is stupid. Hey Mike tell us something we did not know as being Saint's fans. He felt Benson was back dooring him while he was here as coach and was looking for a new coach all most the whole time he was here in New Orleans as the coach.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/215884,CST-SPT-ditka18.article

Last edited:
Yeah. He's real stupid. Billionaire owner of a professional sports team versus a TV football analyst. You may not like him, but he's not stupid.

One of the great pot-kettle situations of all-time right there.

Ditka lost in a contract dispute with Benson after he was dismissed and that's the source of the bad blood. He has been very gracious about the organization this year and has consistently backed them from a football operations stand point.

He called him stupid and then a cheat and said that it makes him a "stupid cheat".

LOL! Ditka is too funny.

Even in light of the Saints success and in light of the pot calling the kettle black,

uh

Ditka is correct.

That's not jealousy over his financial success.

That's not anger over some of Benson's past antics.

That's based on his hiring/firing practices prior to the current regime and his butchering of the English language.

He felt Benson was back dooring him while he was here as coach and was looking for a new coach all most the whole time he was here in New Orleans as the coach.

Hiring Ditka was stupid, looking for his replacement was smart.

I'd tend to agree with Mike on this, .......but only in the context of hiring Ditka in the first place to coach the team.

I almost threw up the day I heard that announcment. That deal smelled of Earl Campbell, Ken Stabler & Bum Phillips.

Thank which-ever God you look to, that we finally have emerged from under the table where we were living off other teams scraps, and now out on our own feeding ourselves.

Go Saints. Skin----Dim----Bears

Hiring Ditka was stupid, looking for his replacement was smart.

Exactly Pat. I think Ditka misspoke. What he meant to say was "Hirng me wsa stupid and I cheated Benson out of lots of money."

How do you think the guy became a billionaire business man, if he saw an out in the contract he took it. The same thing happened with Turley, he signs a big contract and Benson can't stop being a sleazy car salesman and sells him some kind of crazy lease. In footballl terms, "you are what you are".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom