do you back into parking spaces? (1 Viewer)

do you back into parking spaces or not?

• of course i do, i am very smart

• ain't nobody got time for that

Results are only viewable after voting.

antipop

Phone's ringin', dude
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
just trying to judge everyone accordingly

I don't have a problem with the people who can do it well and quickly

I hate the people who are in front of me who take forever back in, pull up, back in, recorrect, try again

You could have just pulled in a spot and been in the store (and more importantly so I could I) in the time this is taking

i usually want the most efficient exit from a parking situation - i'll park closest to wherever i need to exit the parking lot, et al
also parking 'backwards' (which is actually forwards) allows me to exit more cleanly
BUT
what's more, i have a tiny commuter car - which means that i am mostly parked between 2 behemoth car/truck things - driign straight out of a parking spot is WAY safer

but i won't make someone wait for me to pull into a spot - if there are cars waiting to pass, i'll go nose first

i usually want the most efficient exit from a parking situation - i'll park closest to wherever i need to exit the parking lot, et al
also parking 'backwards' (which is actually forwards) allows me to exit more cleanly
BUT
what's more, i have a tiny commuter car - which means that i am mostly parked between 2 behemoth car/truck things - driign straight out of a parking spot is WAY safer

but i won't make someone wait for me to pull into a spot - if there are cars waiting to pass, i'll go nose first

this is me except i usually park wherever there are the least amount of vehicles...of course, that ends up being a magnet for other people to crowd me :mad:

i dont remember the last time i parked nose in first...I back in all the time...actually i feel awkward pulling straight in to a spot when i am just driving thru to the next spot so i can pull straight out when i depart...doesnt matter which of my vehicles I am driving also..i have a 22 duramax and a bolt...i back them both in all the time....

The biggest thing that ticks me off with back up is those idiots that dont realize i am backing up..i have been angling to back up and idiot will try and dive in to the spot i am backing into or they will try and drive around my back end to go straight...not like i take an hour to park...i back up my vehicles daily all the time

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with the people who can do it well and quickly

I hate the people who are in front of me who take forever back in, pull up, back in, recorrect, try again

You could have just pulled in a spot and been in the store (and more importantly so I could I) in the time this is taking
i get what you are saying but in my case when i back in and adjust...i am usually making sure i am even between cars on either side to minimize them hitting my vehicle with their doors...seems most dont know how to park in the middle of the spot they picked

i'm thinking there are two factors at play here - one, that rearview camera make backing up much easier than before
and two, cars are MUCH bigger and do not have the turning radius to nose into spots built back in regular sized car days

Usually pull straight through as well. If there’s a parking tie (whatever they’re called) I do tend to back in though. My car only has like 4 inches of ground clearance so if I pull too close to those my nose gets stuck

i find backing in is almost easier now for me, so unless there's a car right behind me, I back in -- if there's a car behind me in a crowded lot, I'm just going to assume they are going to ride my bumper and not give me the space to back in, so I just nose in instead.

I drive a Ram 3500 Dually and it's a lot easier for me to back into a spot than to pull in. However, I judge people harshly that back in because a large number of them can not drive let alone back into a parking spot. Yes, everyone knows if you can't drive when they see you trying to back into a spot. I do think with the backup cameras being so common it does increase the safety of it. My wife drives horribly but she prefers to back into a spot because she has the camera and Is more than adequate at backing in now.

My front end looks WAAAY better than my rear end...so i usually back in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom