do you back into parking spaces? (1 Viewer)

do you back into parking spaces or not?

• of course i do, i am very smart

• ain't nobody got time for that

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's pure speculation that that makes it safer. Pulling out forward also allows people to pull out faster which could be more dangerous. Also, because there are no backup light or brake lights on the front of a car, pedestrians and other vehicles don't know when you are coming out.

But you can see them... so they don't need to see you... because when you leave, you have full field of view being able to completely and safely exit the parking space... cause you can see every possible threat... this aint the Enterprise I don't need sensor arrays and sub space coms to be able to exit the parking space. Just my eye balls.

But you can see them... so they don't need to see you... because when you leave, you have full field of view being able to completely and safely exit the parking space... cause you can see every possible threat... this aint the Enterprise I don't need sensor arrays and sub space coms to be able to exit the parking space. Just my eye balls.

How do you have a full field of vision when parked between two large trucks?

I'll try to pull-through in big parking lots like Lowes if possible, but that's it.

We’ve been parking in parking lots now for about 100 years, you’d think we would have it figured out by now.

My backup camera has a wider field of view and better sensors than me looking through the windshield from behind my hood. So backing out from a space is safer than pulling out forward.

Rarely do I back in. Usually, when I do, it's because I know there is going to be a lot of traffic when I go to leave and I want to make it easier to get out. Like, when I park in a parking garage near the dome for games.

What if one just turns on the emergency blinkers and double parks?
Asking for a friend.
Follow up questions
- are you picking up an Uber passenger who just got out of the shower? and/or
- are you dropping off your kid who is just now putting on their shoes, putting their ear buds away, drop one ear bud, put on their sweater, remember that they gave a slip for the parent to sign, dig in enormous bag for slip, sees Jimmy and/or Sally walking by so sinks down in seat which helps them find ear bud, checks IG one more time…?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom