Do you take naps? (2 Viewers)

Lately I’ve had trouble turning my brain off at night and it leaves me tired by the time noon rolls around. If I get still, I’ll nap for a bit in the late afternoon.

2 hours is a lot and probably why you stay up late. Naps are a delicate balance. Too long can start a cycle.
Breaking the late bedtime is the difficult part. When I was a 9 to 5er, 11:30 was the typical bedtime, in fact, near midnight bedtime has been my life. When I switched to an earlier schedule, I could not break the habit. Getting the 2 hours in when I can gives me 7ish hours of sleep in a day. Wife is the same way, likes a late bedtime. I just don't see a way that I'm going to go to bed a couple of hours before my wife. I'd rather get that extra sleep before she gets home.

I used to take naps daily especially on gym days. However, I've been making it a habit to get more sleep at night, so I haven't been needing one.

I don't nap - I like naps but I'm usually too spun up to just fall asleep. I prefer to do other things with my time. I get it, naps feel great, but it's never been part of my lifestyle.

i always want to take a nap...the idea sounds wonderful

in practice, it just ruins the rest of my day :mad:
Yeah, same. We used to take family naps on Sundays outside of football season when our kids were little, but it’s probably been a decade since.
While they felt good at the time, naps would actually screw up my Sunday evenings. I’d feel thrown off and out of sorts with Monday morning looming.
Now, I’ll just sleep late on some Saturday mornings and that works well. Between work, jogging, the gym, hanging out with the wife - I don’t really have time for naps and I like my current sleep pattern.

When I used to eat poorly I almost always crashed after lunch and took a nap, or was always tired. The past couple years have no longer needed to take naps and get through the days just fine.

Daily - I don't sleep well at night and am usually up way too early

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom