Does anyone remember that story that came out of a Former Raiders Employee who was not a fan of Dennis Allen? (1 Viewer)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Amy Trask was her name.

I started thinking to myself, it's not the coaching that's bad...it's the LEADERSHIP. Then Boom, i remember this article and found the subsequent quote
The experience in Oakland, there was some very, very strong reaction in the locker room to his coaching and his style -- and throughout the organization," Trask told the Maggie and Perloff show on Tuesday. "When you're the head coach, you're not simply involved in the locker room and with players. You're involved throughout the organization. There was a regular path to my door with people coming in to discuss his manner of, I'll use 'leadership' loosely.

"But, as I said, we can all grow up on the job. We can evolve and get better, and I hope for Saints fans that he has... Will he succeed in his second stint as a head coach? I don't know. None of us know... I'll just tell you that, nothing could've better expressed my reaction than those eyeball emojis, because I was in that office, listening to the players who he coached, come in and talk to me about his coaching..."

Were seeing it, she was spot on. This is why players are finding themselves taking on extra leadership roles, calling players only meetings, trying to fill the void...when they should be focusing on preparing, practicing, and playing.

Loomis needs to move on quickly...like end of season quickly.

Yes, this is what keeps popping into my head when I hear AK give interviews about the team or I see Carr, AK and MT talking together on the sidelines. There is something major missing and it's not talented players. We can't even credibly assess players in this scenario. They consistently look confused on the field.

Saints have no other choice but to run it
Yes, this is what keeps popping into my head when I hear AK give interviews about the team or I see Carr, AK and MT talking together on the sidelines. There is something major missing and it's not talented players. We can't even credibly assess players in this scenario. They consistently look confused on the field.
Saints have no choice but to run it back in a year with most of the same players due to the cash restraints, and maneuvers they made like resigning Cam Jordan etc. They'd be dumb to run it back w/ same players + same coaches. They legit have to make a coaching change or risk having exact same results in a year.

Most of us knew this was a horrible hire. Those of us with a small insight into the workings of the organization knew the dysfunction that led to the hiring. I think a good majority of the fans "talked" themselves into the hire with things like continuity, etc but I think there was a very small fraction of fans that liked the hiring (and some still are screaming to give him an opportunity). I'll say this, I don't believe this is fixed by resetting the teams coaches. I think the issues are much bigger than some would like to admit and unless some major changes are made we're in for some long football seasons as Saints fans.

I w
Most of us knew this was a horrible hire. Those of us with a small insight into the workings of the organization knew the dysfunction that led to the hiring. I think a good majority of the fans "talked" themselves into the hire with things like continuity, etc but I think there was a very small fraction of fans that liked the hiring (and some still are screaming to give him an opportunity). I'll say this, I don't believe this is fixed by resetting the teams coaches. I think the issues are much bigger than some would like to admit and unless some major changes are made we're in for some long football seasons as Saints fans.
I wanted to give benefit of the doubt, and hope he could improve...similar to what she suggested but at this point I've seen enough. The entire team is regressing not just the offense at this point. The defense has played progressively worse as the year has gone on, but has benefited from playing wishy washy QB's that have allowed them to generate turnovers at a a higher clip resulting in the illusion of improvement.

I w

I wanted to give benefit of the doubt, and hope he could improve...similar to what she suggested but at this point I've seen enough. The entire team is regressing not just the offense at this point. The defense has played progressively worse as the year has gone on, but has benefited from playing wishy washy QB's that have allowed them to generate turnovers at a a higher clip resulting in the illusion of improvement.

I am in the same boat. I was hoping that coming to New Orleans, being surrounded by greatness for six years, that he would have taken lessons learned in Oakland and lessons learned working side by side with Sean Payton, and taken the crayons and put 2+2 together to make 4.

Instead he's eating the crayons.

Yeah EJW. I remember it. I remember when it first came out.

I also remember being a little concerned about it the first time I read it.

Fast forward to now. I've had time to see for myself. He's not gonna make it as a successful head coach.

This is nice and all but I think you'd need to be more specific for it to be of value. What's dysfunctional at a level higher than the coaches? Explain to us how replacing Dennis Allen won't help.

This is nice and all but I think you'd need to be more specific for it to be of value. What's dysfunctional at a level higher than the coaches? Explain to us how replacing Dennis Allen won't help.
Agreed. Lots of “I know something you don’t know” and “I told you so” without much else.

The Loomis model has run its course. Need a real GM in all senses. Not finance manager. We could have used a good yin to Payton’s yang at crucial points to save him from himself and win more post season.

Loomis is not that. He seems to take direction from the HC rather than vice versa when needed.

can debate keeping Allen but all you need to know is pursuing Carmichael when he rejected job, then keeping him in place another year.

A firing offense.

Last edited:
The Loomis model has run its course. Need a real GM in all senses. Not finance manager. We could have used a good ton to Payton’s yang at crucial points to save him from himself and win more post season.

Loomis is not that. He seems to take direction from the HC rather than vice versa when needed.

can debate keeping Allen but all you need to know is pursuing Carmichael when he rejected job, then keeping him in place another year.

A firing offense.
I would like to know what kind of search went into finding and hiring Sean Payton. Was that an obvious choice at the time? What was said about it (I wasn't into football at that time, paid no attention)?

Whatever it was, that is the kind of search that needs to happen again. Not a former coach like Gruden. Something new, something fresh.

Make it happen, Loomis.

It was quite clear some games into 2022. Allen had an improved roster compared to 2021 but suddenly the team wasn’t giving their 100% as with CSP. Countless fans disagreed. Well, now it’s for anyone to see

We have a Raiders fan poking in threads so maybe if i bump this, he’ll eventually chime in on his take of leadership style. Not sure what it is. DA seems very passive until having to break up a fight in camp or something. I always thought he was a players coach but the players don’t seem to acknowledge or appreciate that if true.

The Steelers just fired Canada because it seems he would not listen to the players on what was going on in the trenches and adapt. Is DA a coach who doesn’t give the players autonomy? It’s very possible since he keeps pointing to execution.

Point is we are all maybe thinking he is a passive players coach but…..maybe he is too militant. We don’t know what goes on in the locker room, practices, and game planning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom