Does anyone remember that story that came out of a Former Raiders Employee who was not a fan of Dennis Allen? (1 Viewer)

Hiring manager calling applicants last employer:

Loomis: So, we have Dennis Allen here and we’re considering him for a senior management position in our company and are wondering how he performed for your company.

“Dennis Allen?? Lol, OMG good luck with that … ahahahahahahahah” *phone hangs up*

Loomis: I’m sure it’ll be fine

Remember when Sean ripped into Mike Bell for not having the correct cleats on after our failed fourth down attempt in Superbowl XLIV?

Do you see anyone on our current coaching staff that would do that?

I surely do not.

I think about this story every week that passes. I didn’t know exactly what she meant, but I believed there was some truth to him lacking leadership ability. Now I think I know exactly what she meant.

Remember when Sean ripped into Mike Bell for not having the correct cleats on after our failed fourth down attempt in Superbowl XLIV?

Do you see anyone on our current coaching staff that would do that?

I surely do not.
I know we shouldn't blame special teams at all this year, but Grupe and in particular Hedley are not up to snuff. Sean would have had punters in on a Tuesday trying out. We haven't seen shirt in regards to this. That has been of one of the more telling things to me.

It was quite clear some games into 2022. Allen had an improved roster compared to 2021 but suddenly the team wasn’t giving their 100% as with CSP. Countless fans disagreed. Well, now it’s for anyone to see

It was crystal clear this team last year (much like this year) for many games were not playing with the same intensity in the past under CSP.....it was blatantly obvious, to everyone but DA supporters.....IMO

Yep.. I've cited this a few times now. It's bad. He's just not built to lead.

Amy Trask was her name.

I started thinking to myself, it's not the coaching that's bad...it's the LEADERSHIP. Then Boom, i remember this article and found the subsequent quote

Were seeing it, she was spot on. This is why players are finding themselves taking on extra leadership roles, calling players only meetings, trying to fill the void...when they should be focusing on preparing, practicing, and playing.

Loomis needs to move on quickly...like end of season quickly.

He is a substitute teacher.

I think about this story every week that passes. I didn’t know exactly what she meant, but I believed there was some truth to him lacking leadership ability. Now I think I know exactly what she meant.
The hard part was not knowing what to make of her claims and whether they were over petty things. But hindsight is 20/20, and anyone who's paying attention now knows that she was right and that it was a colossal mistake to hire DA. I was one of those people who bought into the continuity theory and thought how cool it would be for DA to succeed here after failing in Oakland. Boy was I wrong. Now I'm hoping for the opposite of continuity, whatever that looks like. There should be a complete house cleaning, starting with Loomis, and since he's not going anywhere, I'm afraid we're on the path to years of mediocrity at best.

She says she was "surprised but not surprised" by the Saints hiring Allen like "that was a stupid hire but something the Saints would do..."

She says she was "surprised but not surprised" by the Saints hiring Allen like "that was a stupid hire but something the Saints would do..."
Oh, please (not aimed at you, but her).

For chrissakes, she was the CEO of the RAIDERS from 1997 to 2013-- a time period when (post-Gruden) they were one of the most dysfunctional organizations in all of sports. And she was making comments about the Saints, one of the most competently run organizations of the 15 years pre-2020?

Look, we're learning a lot now about just where the excellence originated from in the Saints organization over the past 15 years. We have to clean house, obviously. But anyone implying today that we were deaf, dumb and blind for not listening to this Raider hack isn't prescient, just pure 20/20 hindsighting.

It was the Raider's excuse, which is something overused a lot on this board. Loomis took the easy route and screwed us.
Here's a question that's possibly related, fairly common, but that I can't find an answer to. What are the terms of DAs contract? How long? How much?
Maybe Loomis got a bonus for saving Gayle's $$ via a half-arsed hire.

Yep.. I've cited this a few times now. It's bad. He's just not built to lead.
You're absolutely right, but what I don't get is why someone would not want to excel at what they're actually good at, but rather opt to be horrible at something they're not good at. There's no shame in being highly valued support staff. You can do a lot worse in life than be a top 5 DC in the NFL.

Oh, please (not aimed at you, but her).

For chrissakes, she was the CEO of the RAIDERS from 1997 to 2013-- a time period when (post-Gruden) they were one of the most dysfunctional organizations in all of sports. And she was making comments about the Saints, one of the most competently run organizations of the 15 years pre-2020?

Look, we're learning a lot now about just where the excellence originated from in the Saints organization over the past 15 years. We have to clean house, obviously. But anyone implying today that we were deaf, dumb and blind for not listening to this Raider hack isn't prescient, just pure 20/20 hindsighting.
The Raiders excuse is getting old and obviously her assessment was correct. Al Davis was a visionary as an owner and he did have some great teams in the 1980s.
To be clear, when Allen was hired it was a respectable structure. First they hired McKenzie to be GM and he came from Green Bay under Ron Wolfe. Allen was fired after going winless in the middle of his third season. That's not dysfunction, especially when coaches before him had better records.
Now here we are again with Carr and some Raiders fans warned us but they were right again.
Some of you keep engaging in the ad hominem arguments trying to shoot the messenger rather deal with the substance of the commentary.
Allen is a bad HC and Carr is an average QB at best, that has nothing to do with the Raiders

The Raiders excuse is getting old and obviously her assessment was correct. Al Davis was a visionary as an owner and he did have some great teams in the 1980s.
To be clear, when Allen was hired it was a respectable structure. First they hired McKenzie to be GM and he came from Green Bay under Ron Wolfe. Allen was fired after going winless in the middle of his third season. That's not dysfunction, especially when coaches before him had better records.
Now here we are again with Carr and some Raiders fans warned us but they were right again.
Some of you keep engaging in the ad hominem arguments trying to shoot the messenger rather deal with the substance of the commentary.
Allen is a bad HC and Carr is an average QB at best, that has nothing to do with the Raiders
I don't think he was disagreeing, he was more saying that no one in that Raiders organization could imply something like she did. Almost like saying the Saints are a joke so it's not surprising they hired DA, when in actuality we have been one of the most stable and well ran organizations in all of professional sports since 2006. He is 100% correct, and so are you. You are just commenting on something that he didn't mean.

She seems to have been right about him being a bad leader, but she's a joke for insinuating that it's a typical Saints move when we actually were a model for success within the NFL for a long time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom