Does it irk anyone else? (2 Viewers)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Does it irk anyone else when we have the ball ~ < 1mins before the half, and we just kneel the ball to run out the half rather than make a play or two, and make an attempt at the end zone. I have seen this happen a few times this season, and it happens when we are down, and a Hail Mary could only help (not hurt) our chances of winning.

Its just a small observation, and it probably wouldn't change our record one way or the other, but it is annoying to me.

The staff can say whatever they want, but to me that says you have absolutely no faith in your offense to even take a shot and not screw it up. Which means they know changes are needed and just refuse to make them. So an even bigger indictment against them imo

ETA: obviously there are situations where kneeling it out makes sense. But we always seem to do it regardless so it’s not like I believe they’re playing the analytics game with this

Yes it is a perfect example of DA as a coach and a coordinator. The man plays scared, always has always will. Has a big fat negative on the killer instinct meter, will always take the safe route.

Horrible HC and slightly above average DC because of this fact. If he had any kind of KI he would be much better. He has none, zilch, nada. A play it safe champion.

The coaches knew they have a QB who threw a pick 6 earlier. Why risk another turnover from deep inside their own 5 yard line with only 25 seconds and 1 timeout. Just get to halftime and regroup.

It’s a potential repeat of the Prentice turnover inside the 5 and giving the Falcons easy points at their goal line off of a turnover seconds before half.

They could’ve took some sideline shots to Olave but quick incomplete passes could give Atlanta the ball near midfield after a punt to try a FG. It wasn’t really a high percentage chance to get past the 50 into FG range without Shaheed with 25 secs and 1 TO.

A thousand times yes. CSP and Drew would milk a td or fg out of 45 seconds before the half more times than not. I hate that this is long gone from our game planning. It’s a cherished memory….gonna take lightning striking twice it seems to get it back.

I’ll tell you what irks me. Zay Flowers being too stupid to go down to burn the clock. Cost me my FF matchup. Got beat by .02 points🤣. Other guy had Keenan Allen and beat me on that last catch.

A thousand times yes. CSP and Drew would milk a td or fg out of 45 seconds before the half more times than not. I hate that this is long gone from our game planning. It’s a cherished memory….gonna take lightning striking twice it seems to get it back.
If Brees was our QB then I'd be pissed. However, I've concluded more Dennis Allen, Pete Carmichael and Carr offense is not a viable solution. In fact, if they had just kneeled the entire first half we would have been in better position to win the game in the 2nd half.

If Brees was our QB then I'd be P'Oed. However, I've concluded more Dennis Allen, Pete Carmichael and Carr offense is not a viable solution. In fact, if they had just kneeled the entire first half we would have been in better position to win the game in the 2nd half.
True, but just the attitude that they are not going to even try for a fg….it eats me up. If this coaching staff has made the decision that they can’t even attempt that….they gots to go. Next

It was 23 seconds with one time out on the 5 yard line. Not a whole lot that can be done. This is about the only decision today that made sense.
It felt like they had more time than that (they have had more time on the clock in the past when they kneeled it out in the past).

Agreed, it was probably the only call that made sense, but its annoying.

Does it irk anyone else when we have the ball ~ < 1mins before the half, and we just kneel the ball to run out the half rather than make a play or two, and make an attempt at the end zone. I have seen this happen a few times this season, and it happens when we are down, and a Hail Mary could only help (not hurt) our chances of winning.

Its just a small observation, and it probably wouldn't change our record one way or the other, but it is annoying to me.
It can absolutely hurt, guess you didn’t see the Dolphins Hail Mary pick six Sunday.

Coaching scared. I also get the distinct impression that Carr would refuse to throw a Hail Mary because it might be intercepted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom