Does it irk anyone else? (1 Viewer)

Does it irk anyone else when we have the ball ~ < 1mins before the half, and we just kneel the ball to run out the half rather than make a play or two, and make an attempt at the end zone. I have seen this happen a few times this season, and it happens when we are down, and a Hail Mary could only help (not hurt) our chances of winning.

Its just a small observation, and it probably wouldn't change our record one way or the other, but it is annoying to me.
Not when we're at our own 3. And it CAN hurt, just ask the J-E-T-S-Jets-Jets-Jets.

I think it's extremely telling, it goes back to last year when DA chose to punt multiple times when the analytics say go for it.....no confidence in the offense, overly conservative decisions lead to losing, that is no mystery to anyone not named Dennis Allen.....he just keeps doing what he's doing....

We're really questioning whether or not it shows heart and competence to kneel going in at half on the 5 yard line with less than 30 seconds on the clock? That was probably the best coaching decision we made all game.

Do teams only throw pick 6s when they throw the ball with less than a min left in the 2nd quarter?

Sure the Jets pick 6 happened, but how often is that the result for pushing the ball before the half? I would wager ints/fumbles/etc. happen less than 5% of the time when teams push the ball with less than a min left in the half.

That was without a doubt, the most sound football decision in the game. Taking a knee on the 5 with 20 seconds left was the only correct play call.

I’ll tell you what irks me. Zay Flowers being too stupid to go down to burn the clock. Cost me my FF matchup. Got beat by .02 points🤣. Other guy had Keenan Allen and beat me on that last catch.
Had to cover that 3 points since Tucker failed. Flowers didn’t get the memo lol.

Coaching scared. I also get the distinct impression that Carr would refuse to throw a Hail Mary because it might be intercepted.
Dude this has actually happened.

4th and long, end of game Gruden calls hail mary.

Carr audibles....into a run up the middle..game over.

Carr states after the game,"the numbers didnt add up."

He audibled out of it because he cared more about his stat line than trying to win.

Allen’s best coaching of the season was that kneel.

Do teams only throw pick 6s when they throw the ball with less than a min left in the 2nd quarter?

Sure the Jets pick 6 happened, but how often is that the result for pushing the ball before the half? I would wager ints/fumbles/etc. happen less than 5% of the time when teams push the ball with less than a min left in the half.
Yeah, if you're talking about a team with a competent QB. When we have the ball on our own 5 it means the other team is in scoring position. Just like when we're on their 30.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom