Does this concern you? (1 Viewer)

This is a new year and stats like these do not transfer from year to year, so the answer is NO. Just look at the 2007 season for Drew in comparison to last year.

Of Drew's 28 TD passes 17 were on the road. He had 17 TD versus 8 interceptions on the road but at home he concluded with 11 TD's versus 10 interceptions. So, you would have said at the beginning of last year "I hope this gets turned around"; he has to play better at home. Then he puts up the home stats that you mention...

It's a new year no need to get stuck on the past because something tells me Drew has a short memory.

Linkage:

http://www.nfl.com/players/drewbrees/situationalstats?id=BRE229498&season=2007

Didn't we have Duece in 2006? That would mean we weren't one deminsional or at least better rounded as a team. Jus asking? :9:

What about 07 then? See my previous post.

This has nothing to do with the Home/Away discrepancy, however.

In many ways it does. Also consider trying to maintain a lead and run the clock down with no run game. Also if you playing from behind you have to pass the ball ( especially if you have no run game) in which the other team can focus their defense on stopping the pass. I really don't see why this is such a "debate" it's basic football. You don't have to have played football to understand this.

In many ways it does. Also consider trying to maintain a lead and run the clock down with no run game. Also if you playing from behind you have to pass the ball ( especially if you have no run game) in which the other team can focus their defense on stopping the pass. I really don't see why this is such a "debate" it's basic football. You don't have to have played football to understand this.

And all of these factors can take place at Home and Away. There's nothing you've mentioned so far that is unique to the setting of the game, which is what the OP was discussing.

What about 07 then? See my previous post.

Agreed and point taken. I also have to ask was Duece on the field then? I think he spent alot of time on the sideline wanting to play but not recovered from his knee surgeries.

Bottom line is I was really down on Coach Payton when he first came. I have to admit that he is smart and I've noted that he has taken care of every area of weakness we have as a team the best way possible and I can't disagree with anything he's done this year. I like the fact that he didn't pick up alot of the players in free agency that we ( as a board) were screaming for.

In summation, if we are discussing this on this board right now. Payton, Bree and the N.O. staff handled it over the summer.

Let's enjoy the season and see what happens. We are more primed for a play off run than ever before (barring injuries, a few bad calls and some the ball bouncing our way a few time more often):9:

This is a new year and stats like these do not transfer from year to year, so the answer is NO. Just look at the 2007 season for Drew in comparison to last year.

Of Drew's 28 TD passes 17 were on the road. He had 17 TD versus 8 interceptions on the road but at home he concluded with 11 TD's versus 10 interceptions. So, you would have said at the beginning of last year "I hope this gets turned around"; he has to play better at home. Then he puts up the home stats that you mention...

It's a new year no need to get stuck on the past because something tells me Drew has a short memory.
Thank you for looking this up and posting the stats because this is exactly what I was thinking. We were an "away" team in 2007. Carolina was a "home" team last year and they've already lost at home.

And, indeed, Drew has a short memory. In fact, I think he has an uncanny ability to summon selective amnesia to forget all about that big guy that just drilled him on the previous play. Not that that happens very often.

We had a terrible defense in 2007-2008. Brees was behind all the time and had to air it out a lot. Oh and we had the most injuries than any team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom