Does watching Ray Rice make anyone else miss Pierre Thomas? (1 Viewer)

wope

TWO DAT!
Reaction score
Man, I'm watching the Bucs/Ravens game and I never realized how similar these guys are, especially on the screens/short passes.

Man, I'm watching the Bucs/Ravens game and I never realized how similar these guys are, especially on the screens/short passes.

Ray Rice is the better player, but I think it's an apt and good comparison. Good call

It's funny how the running game is such a big issue now that PT is gone, and yet 95% of the fan base is against re-signing him for decent money lol.

It's funny how the running game is such a big issue now that PT is gone, and yet 95% of the fan base is against re-signing him for decent money lol.

I think that is just your take on it. Isn't this the point where you start complaining about Reggie's contract?

As the original poster implied though, I actually think a big part of Thomas' game isn't the running so much as it's how he helps out Brees in the passing game, and especially in blitz control through things like screens and blitz pickup. Having Reggie Bush actually play well would also factor into this.

the saints prove every year while reggie is valuable is not necessary for us to win. the truth hurts. for every great game reggie has, he has 2 games where he does something really stupid. also lets add in the fact he cannot stay healthy and is injured for long stretches every single season. i love reggie as much as the next person but he is not worth the money he is getting. lets at least agree on that one (the money)

2010 season:
Pierre Thomas - 3.2 YPC
Rest of Saints runners - 4.0 YPC

Yeah, PT being out is the reason the running game is worse.:rolleyes:

Bro no one even brought any of that up, but 2 responses in you try to unnecessarily turn the thread into PT vs. the world

FYI, outside of the Pittsburgh and Cleveland games (two teams that are expected to stop the run), the running game hasn't been a problem whatsoever without PT.

Great comparison! I agree the edge has to go to Rice, but they are similar players especially in the screen game like you said. Did you see Rice take that screen today 80 yards to the house only to have it come back on some bunk holding call on Boldin? ****** me off cause Rice is my horse in fantasy. Oh well, life goes on. What bugs me about that call was they didnt call holding on the Austin reverse TD and Im playing the guy who has Austin. The fantasy gods hate me!!! Good thing I/we have the Saints to root for!!

Yes and Mark Ingram from Bama. (minus the big fumble)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a_reOvK1v9A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a_reOvK1v9A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom