Don't meltdown over 1 game (1 Viewer)

ROUSTER

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
C'mon people. First, be proud of this team. They fought hard from start to finish. Turnovers killed us today. You give up 3 and don't get any against a good team on the road and you'll lose most games. It's amazing considering that we gave up 2 70+ yard runs and also gave up 14 pts off of 2 of the TO's with a short field, that we were even close.
The D was disappointing. Mainly the secondary. Up front we played decent. Those 2 huge runs hurt though.
Offensively we were great. We have 1 TO (that wasn't a TO because he never had control of the ball). We had one that RB simply didn't cover up the ball. Turnovers simply kill you.
Also, the huge penalty on Evans when we were driving the ball also hurt.
The Copper fumble hurts simply because it was the final play.

Still I like this team. I don't think we're a Championship team, simply because we don't have a Championship D. But, our offense (if we hold on to the ball) is good enough to keep any game close.

6-3 and still in 1st place in the NFC South.

OzFugitive

Sucker for Punishment
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree.

While it sucks to lose and it REALLY sucks to lose due to turnovers I am still impressed and proud of the this team. The sting from the loss quickly faded away when I remembered what life was like the last 3 years for a Saints fan and compared it to the team we have now. 6-3 is damn fine record for this team in it's current phase.

Rome wasn't built in a day. :D

While I think we have as much of a chance as most teams to do deep into the playoffs this year, I must admit I am peeking forward a bit and imagining what
this club will be like with another Payton draft and free agency period under its belt.

saintlyn8

cool brees
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, to be honest this is a big loss.... This is a win we could of and SHOULD of had, if we want a winning football team, we've got to eliminate mistakes i.e. turnovers the bush fumble was huge... Before he fumbled and after they missed the field goal i thought to myself we got this now.... then the fumble and it all went into the crapper.... On top of that Atlanta lost this was a huge opportunity to put some distance between us and the rest of the NFC south, instead we are still in the same place.... You have to take advantage of opportunities when you get them... Yes you can look at the good side and say we are still 1 game ahead but to be honest thats nothing... This team MUST MUST MUST learn to protect the football if we are going to have a shot at the post season....

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.... this is our worst loss imo all year long... We let Porter get away with his guarentee and proved all of the experts right.... I'm disgusted right now, we had a change to shut everyone up but we failed, i think thats what bothers me the most.

Now cinci is coming in next week, another team desperate for a win, and once again we are the ones to have to face them, will we be trapped yet again?? We shall see, i really hope that Payton has the D ready to play or we could be in for a long game.

Super Hooper

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
What hurt was Joey Porter's guaranteed win statement. It seems like evertime a player on the other team does this we shoot ourselves in the foot. Didn't Carson Palmer say they would roll over us?

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.... this is our worst loss imo all year long... We let Porter get away with his guarentee and proved all of the experts right.... I'm disgusted right now, we had a change to shut everyone up but we failed, i think thats what bothers me the most.
I understand your pain - I wanted so badly to watch our guys shut Porter up. I could care less about the media. I'm more amused by them than anything.

The bottomline is, We're Still ALL ALONE in first place, and we STILL control our own destiny with 7 games to go.
Who in this forum would have thought, let alone said that back in August?

This IS A Good team. Be PROUD of them!!!

Jazzbo

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What hurt was Joey Porter's guaranteed win statement. It seems like evertime a player on the other team does this we shoot ourselves in the foot. Didn't Carson Palmer say they would roll over us?
Wow, that's right; we were doomed today and will be again next week.

st. jon's

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
C'mon people. First, be proud of this team. They fought hard from start to finish. Turnovers killed us today. You give up 3 and don't get any against a good team on the road and you'll lose most games. It's amazing considering that we gave up 2 70+ yard runs and also gave up 14 pts off of 2 of the TO's with a short field, that we were even close.
The D was disappointing. Mainly the secondary. Up front we played decent. Those 2 huge runs hurt though.
Offensively we were great. We have 1 TO (that wasn't a TO because he never had control of the ball). We had one that RB simply didn't cover up the ball. Turnovers simply kill you.
Also, the huge penalty on Evans when we were driving the ball also hurt.
The Copper fumble hurts simply because it was the final play.

Still I like this team. I don't think we're a Championship team, simply because we don't have a Championship D. But, our offense (if we hold on to the ball) is good enough to keep any game close.

6-3 and still in 1st place in the NFC South.

what he said

Yeti

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Are you sure the collaspe that could be upon us isn't your faith in these Saints... That is, if you ever really believed in them at all?
Don't hate me for being realistic. I'm not a fan of blind faith. I was saying last week that we were going to lose this week and I got canned for it. Everyone knows the history of this franchise and its mid season collapses. Forgive me for being realistic about the situation that is all too familiar.

I predict a loss next week too by the way.

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We're all behind the home team.. we're just venting a little frustration. 6-3 isn't bad at all for a team that was supposed to win no more than 4 games.

But the obvious... you don't win when you turn the ball over and not get any turnovers for yourself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan in Lafayette New Orleans Saints vs. Detroit Lions | NFL Week 4 Game Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees Talks Saints Offensive Weapons, Week 4 Game Plan | Saints at Lions Week 4 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
A first for the NFL: Steelers-Titans game is postponed because of positive coronavirus tests Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dr. Sting Is it safe to say that the Lions game makes or breaks our season? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 40
Dan in Lafayette Jonathan Vilma to call his first Saints game for FOX Sports SR News Page Articles 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 29: Reactions from Saints players following Week 3 game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Second look: Where was the Saints pass rush? What about the downfield passing game? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Gentilly504 If I’m game planning against the Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 41
Andrus Continued disappointment for fans, businesses after another no-fans Saints home game SR News Page Articles 0
Overreactions from the Saints Week 3 game against the Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Which QB gives the Saints the best chance to win the game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
Fleur-de-Links, September 28: Saints running back had a big game in loss to Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
BelowZero Would this game have been different with Winston? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 69
Does Anyone Think We Lose that Game Tonite with Normal Packed Dome of Fans? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
Saviorbrees Feel good after this game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 35
New Orleans Saints guard Andrus Peat carted off the field; out for game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints 17 Packers 13: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints LG Andrus Peat carted off in game against Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
saintsfan777 Analysis ***Official Packers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2704
Sumdude34 N/S Rams currently being handed a football game....... again [UPDATE: Justice is Served!!!] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 25
Saints vs. Packers: Game Time, TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Mobile, and Odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What went wrong for the Saints passing game Monday & how they can fix it Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Report: Packers' Adams to be game-time decision vs. Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Film Study: Packers run game plays right into Saints’ strengths Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Is this Drew Brees "Crossroads" game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
League issues memo reminding teams about game-day protocols Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Erik McCoy on Offensive Line Execution, Saints Game Plan| Saints vs. Packers Week 3 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze 750 Saints Family will attend Packers Game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
Sean Payton: I get caught up in the game and forget about the mask Saints RSS News Feeds 0
cue180 Payton delayed trip home in order to review game film Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 73
Fleur-de-Links, September 23: More analysis of the Saints/Raiders game as Green Bay looms in the distance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Whenever the Saints lose a Primetime Game.. They win the next Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Covington Saint There's no integrity left in the NFL game. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 77
The Saints don’t look like the Saints, as they drop Week 2 game in Las Vegas, 34-24. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 22: Fallout from the Saints’ week 2 game against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
SystemShock Last drive of the game: if you are going to give up like that, just take knees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Raiders score 24 unanswered points to top Saints in first-ever Las Vegas game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Payton post game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
mither_rome Run game early Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 29
17 all: Saints at Raiders 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Need a reminder of Drew Brees' iconic Monday Night football history? Check out his pre-game cleats Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 1 standouts Margus Hunt and Bennie Fowler III called up from practice squad for Saints vs. Raiders game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CowtownSaint Murray, Harris or TQS, Who has the Biggest Game Tonight? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
Saints vs. Raiders: Game Time, TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Mobile, and Odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
cue180 Dr. Anderson might evaluate Thomas before Packers game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Bill Analysis ***Official Saints @ Raiders Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2495
Fleur-de-Links, September 21: Injury reports and betting odds heading into Saints Monday Night Football game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 Lions may be inbound on a 12 game losing streak. *Trap Game Alert* Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Did I hear right? Mike Tirico Calling our game next week on SNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Krodwhodat Fox Americas game of the week Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4